Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone a neurologist doctor on the board? (1 Viewer)

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
I know this is a long shot but looking for a neurologist to get some advice from. I have an 85 year old grandmother who I take care of (POA wise)she is in assisted living otherwise. With extreme trigeminal neuralgia and severe damage to her jaw from TMJ I just found out. Been dealing with this for 2 years. And I feel like I can't get any answers.

We've done at least a half dozen different type of meds/combination of meds. Even got a doctor to do surgery to crush the nerve that only worked for 3 months, have done nerve blocks.

We literally just go discharged Monday from being here all last week with same issues.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I know this is a long shot but looking for a neurologist to get some advice from. I have an 85 year old grandmother who I take care of (POA wise)she is in assisted living otherwise. With extreme trigeminal neuralgia and severe damage to her jaw from TMJ I just found out. Been dealing with this for 2 years. And I feel like I can't get any answers.

We've done at least a half dozen different type of meds/combination of meds. Even got a doctor to do surgery to crush the nerve that only worked for 3 months, have done nerve blocks.

We literally just go discharged Monday from being here all last week with same issues.

How much of her Social Security Check do you keep for yourself each month?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

I’m not a neurologist but I have been binge watching the TV show House MD for the last week or so. Used to watch that show religiously

Maybe find someone who specializes in diagnostic medicine like House

Save Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I wish I’d gone to medical school. Still think I might

Give me about 15 years OP and I’ll get back to you with an diagnosis

Herbie

Quarterback
I’m currently staying in a Hilton tru hotel. It’s better than holiday inn. Happy to help.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Not a neurologist, but would strongly suggest considering "alternative" treatments (possibly acupuncture) or dietary changes as very low-risk, low-effort, and usually low-cost options that can be done even in conjunction with other medicines or treatments. Chronic pain like that can often indicate that her body has too much of something harmful, or not enough of something necessary. Sometimes a medicine is needed to correct it, sometimes it can be resolved in other ways.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Dang Im Sorry! My wife is a neurologist in training tho (still a long way to go)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds