Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

anybody here legitimately poor or have some poor stories?

In college I drank keystone and rarely put more than $10 worth of gas in my car. There were numerous times my account would hit $0.

my Father in Law lives in a million dollar home on an island in Columbus Nebraska (Christopher's Cove)

he was born in Nyasaland, British Empire. (when he was 4 years old they got independence and became the country of "Malawi")

first pic he is 5 years old
Screen-Shot-2021-06-12-at-4-05-49-PM.png

Dropped out of school in 4th grade to work full time

next pic is him at the age of 36, owns a factory and ranch in Africa and owns a sugar cane and Mango plantation in India
Screen-Shot-2021-06-12-at-4-06-08-PM.png

moved to the USA, bought shit hole hotels and worked 24/7 on making them a success (literally would buy a new hotel, move there and live at the hotel working 24 hours a day everyday with my mother in law)

we have forced him to sort of retire but he is a Type A micro-managing never stop moving guy.... probably still works 60 hours a week

Hungry Dogs Run Faster

PS: smokes a pack of Marlboro Golds a day, drives a Silverado 2500 and is a YUGE Trump guy. If you see a 5'6 Indian guy wearing a MAGA hat while he smokes a cig filling up with gas... thats my FIL. @Woodrow F Call as my witness

JFC, I want his autograph. That man is a fucking boss

My old man sold meth while jobless after my mom left then got hooked on it himself (surprise surprise🙄) so from age 11-14 my lil sister and I lived off of food baskets from the food bank and churches. I'll never eat spam, instant potatoes, cream corn, or knock off American cheese slices again. Did learn to get creative with Ramen, eggs, hot sauce, leftover chicken and veggies tho. Also learned how to climb a telephone pole at 1am to hook up cable illegally, cut the yellow tab off with wire cutters and no one notices for months.

I made $18k a year as a grad student back in 2004/5. I lost my debit card from my small NE bank, had no credit cards, and had less that $20 cash. Getting a new debit card would take at least a week.

I pawned my TV and AV receiver for $80 to be able to eat for the next week. Bought both back when the new debit card came.

Some of y'alls poor stories make mine sound pretty stupid.

We drank red dog because it was even cheaper than keystone.
I was a frequent consumer of Snake Eyes Malt Beverages. One time someone left an open one in the fridge overnight. We drank it the next day. The most foul tasting thing I’ve experienced.

Was Poor enough for free undergrad tuition.

Never was really that bad growing up. Worst was having to eat the same sandwiches 3 meals a day for 2 weeks.

Took me awhile to figure out how money worked when I started working.

When I was in college I worked at the north 27th Menards over the summer. One day I went to Taco Bell for lunch and ordered $5-$6 worth of food. Debit card got declined for not having enough on it. Nothing like asking the cashier to cancel a couple of your beefy 5 layer burritos because you couldn’t afford it.

Well this was on a Thursday and my sister was set to get married that weekend and I needed to drive back home (about 90 miles) but didn’t have enough gas or money to make it. Found a gas station that wouldn’t cash my check for a few days so put $25 in my car and made it home. Luckily got paid that weekend.

Was pretty poor growing up. Mom worked 100 hr weeks to start her own business. Didn't have shit for money in college and parents insisted I didn't get a job. That was about the time I started selling the devils lettuce. Fixed my poor problem real quick. Was one of the bigger dealers in Lincoln for a period of time and was EXTREMELY lucky I never got caught. Have some real wild stories from those days but glad they are long behind me.

Flash forward to now and we are a very successful small business.

Was pretty poor growing up. Mom worked 100 hr weeks to start her own business. Didn't have shit for money in college and parents insisted I didn't get a job. That was about the time I started selling the devils lettuce. Fixed my poor problem real quick. Was one of the bigger dealers in Lincoln for a period of time and was EXTREMELY lucky I never got caught. Have some real wild stories from those days but glad they are long behind me.

Flash forward to now and we are a very successful small business.

On of my best friends has a similar story. He did all of his dealing in high school though and had narcs harass him all of the time as he got bigger and bigger. They finally popped one of his thugs that could barely read that was the “muscle” behind his operation for extortion and he rolled on him. That person now is an FBI informant.

My buddy now is doing fine even after going all through drug court. He’s now a criminal defense attorney.

Selling cocaine now?
It wouldn't be small and I'd probably be in prison
On of my best friends has a similar story. He did all of his dealing in high school though and had narcs harass him all of the time as he got bigger and bigger. They finally popped one of his thugs that could barely read that was the “muscle” behind his operation for extortion and he rolled on him. That person now is an FBI informant.

My buddy now is doing fine even after going all through drug court. He’s now a criminal defense attorney.
I had the cover of a "party house" in the bottoms but pretty sure I was being watched by the cops for a long time, they just couldn't ever prove anything. I was somewhat smart about it...I think. I did have my house get robbed one time while I was out of town though. That was not fun.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back