Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Any idea on Turd's thoughts with NU Basketball (2 Viewers)

redzoner

Cornerback
Lets not forget about Robert Sallie...NU Admin wouldn't clear him and he went on to play for some really good Memphis Teams...I know this real recent, but still makes you wonder why they are not clearing these guys.
Sallie was the Big 12 fucking us over. He accidentally enrolled to soon and they could have fixed it with a simple waiver that they had done numerous times before. Still no idea why they did that.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
what happened here? i don’t read that liberal rag
Adama Sanogo committed to the Husker Coaches. Days later an Omaha World Herald writer wrote an article about how Fred Hoiberg didn't have a history of developing Centers. Connecticut used this against us as they still tried recruiting Sanogo. Sanogo ended up signing with Connecticut and even mentioned the World Herald article.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Then why be a fan? IDK maybe your not and you just came into this thread to be negative. If that's the case I get it, I've done the same before. But if this is your mentality how can you even be a fan if you're not wanting more from a program?
because i believe Fred is the right man for the job and that stability is our best chance at success. not sure why you think i was being negative

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I honestly think the Matty A disaster set this team back and Turd understands that and is willing to give Fred some more time to rebuild. Plus I also think Turd knows that he's not going to do much better than Fred on the open market, then you also have his large buyout ..

All this being considered, I think Fred gets at least 2 more years ..

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
You have a good guess at what next year is looking like. Question is, do you (ie the boosters) have an extra $10m lying around? I don't think they do

In 2024, Hoiberg's buyout is $7M so we're really talking about the difference between 12 months ($3M). If Nebraska Athletics doesn't have the money to move on from Hoiberg then shut the program down and put the resources to our other sports.

Fred Hoiberg is a failure at Nebraska. He hasn't earned a fifth season.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
In 2024, Hoiberg's buyout is $7M so we're really talking about the difference between 12 months ($3M). If Nebraska Athletics doesn't have the money to move on from Hoiberg then shut the program down and put the resources to our other sports.

Fred Hoiberg is a failure at Nebraska. He hasn't earned a fifth season.

They have the money lets not kid ourselves. The question here is what do you think Turd will do?

NU was competitive this year when healthy until the injuries hit. Fred changed and implemented a new playbook and ground plan to compete in B1G.

Fred seems like the kind of coach that Turd wants to work with and after Fred made these changes, will Turd cut his bag after one year?

Frost got a 5th season...are you saying that Basketball has higher standard than football?

Nobody is arguing that Fred isn't a failure at this point, but is it wise to cut a coach 1 year after making basically wholesale changes to compete?

Just trying to get inside Turd's head and what he wants to do with NU Basketball.

And they are not cutting men's basketball....It's one of the few sports at NU that generates revenue.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think Fred is abysmal. He's nice so he's earned 2 more years? The fuck are we talking about...

Let's go get an up and comer or a rehab project that can treat us like a stepping stone. They can be a B1G head coach - jump ship for a big contract to a basketball school once they succeed even a little bit here. We can pay them peanuts compared to Freddy or any other big time get.

Ali Farokhmanesh
Gerry McNamara
Travis Steele
Kim English
Dana Ford
Tim Miles
Darian Devries

There are guys out there. Pay them a fraction - let them prove and then pay them big or let them move on and be a step higher next time we hire. Gotta do something different

Last edited:

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Frost got a 5th season...are you saying that Basketball has higher standard than football?
I think being a football school, there's less politics involved in the basketball decisions so you'd move on quicker because there is no one to please. Say fuck it and move on. Fuck any "precedent" Frost may have set...

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
They have the money lets not kid ourselves. The question here is what do you think Turd will do?

NU was competitive this year when healthy until the injuries hit. Fred changed and implemented a new playbook and ground plan to compete in B1G.

Fred seems like the kind of coach that Turd wants to work with and after Fred made these changes, will Turd cut his bag after one year?

Nobody is arguing that Fred isn't a failure at this point, but is it wise to cut a coach 1 year after making basically wholesale changes to compete?

Just trying to get inside Turd's head and what he wants to do with NU Basketball.

And they are not cutting men's basketball....It's one of the few sports at NU that generates revenue.

No, I don't think Turd will do it. He'll continue the NU AD tradition of keeping someone at least a year longer.

We were competitive, at home, when healthy. We also lost 5 games on the road by double digits, 3 of them by 16 or more where it wasn't close till the end type thing. That isn't what I call competitive. I will acknowledge the win over #7 Pickle Smoochers, that was incredible at the time although they lost 6 straight during that stretch.

No, I'm not saying that.

This wholesale change thing is ridiculous. He brought in 1 player, Bando, with a defensive mindset and that's it. That isn't wholesale, unless you're talking about coaches. Weird thing there though, Doc was the defensive guru & somehow we're better coached on that end without him.

I'm aware they're not cutting it, the comment was hyperbolic.

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Fred has been a colossal failure here unfortunately, and he doesn't really have the charisma to build support or excitement about the future. If NU is serious about having a decent bball program, we should get a new coach.

However, I don't think NU is serious about having a decent bball team RIGHT NOW. I think pretty much all the focus and resources are (rightly) being put on football, and that will get Fred another year. It's just not even remotely as important as getting the Rhule era off to a good start, so I think they'll just let this season slide rather than have any more turmoil in the athletic department.

If next bball season is yet another repeat, we'll get a new coach at that point.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
because i believe Fred is the right man for the job and that stability is our best chance at success. not sure why you think i was being negative
You didn't say that originally. I understand this stance and I would agree with what you're saying.

Touche GIFs | Tenor

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fred has been a colossal failure here unfortunately, and he doesn't really have the charisma to build support or excitement about the future. If NU is serious about having a decent bball program, we should get a new coach.

However, I don't think NU is serious about having a decent bball team RIGHT NOW. I think pretty much all the focus and resources are (rightly) being put on football, and that will get Fred another year. It's just not even remotely as important as getting the Rhule era off to a good start, so I think they'll just let this season slide rather than have any more turmoil in the athletic department.

If next bball season is yet another repeat, we'll get a new coach at that point.
This is correct

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds