Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anthony Grant Returning (1 Viewer)

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Is anyone concerned about 1890? I have zero trust in Matty D but that doesn't mean they don't have someone behind the scenes with half a brain running it. My concern is they are like the Kissin Cousins of ABM and that was such a sketchy operation. Is Gerrod or Bruning going to be involved with ABM?
This is a huge slush fund for Matty Busch lite

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Is anyone concerned about 1890? I have zero trust in Matty D but that doesn't mean they don't have someone behind the scenes with half a brain running it. My concern is they are like the Kissin Cousins of ABM and that was such a sketchy operation. Is Gerrod or Bruning going to be involved with ABM?
I get more concerned as 1890 doesn’t look to be doing shit other than having players post those bullshit tweets about “signing” with them. WTF does that mean anyway? I know what it means but what is the tweet supposed to mean?
the tweet that Husker Xs and Os posted about 1890 was great. Talking about what they need to do on the website…I have a feeling Marty D is going to run this into the ground b/c he really has no skills other than drinking and bullshitting with people.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I get more concerned as 1890 doesn’t look to be doing shit other than having players post those bullshit tweets about “signing” with them. WTF does that mean anyway? I know what it means but what is the tweet supposed to mean?
the tweet that Husker Xs and Os posted about 1890 was great. Talking about what they need to do on the website…I have a feeling Marty D is going to run this into the ground b/c he really has no skills other than drinking and bullshitting with people.

Pretty solid post about it all. Concludes with him believing our NIL program is poised to make a pretty solid jump and the 2024 class should prove that out.

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
Happy to have Grant back, would be ecstatic if Allen stays. Grant when it got to the B1G was not nearly as impressive, but having some returning talent that played last year is not a luxury Nebraska has had in years. Wonder if Rahmir stays if he will get out of the dog cage.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Happy to have Grant back, would be ecstatic if Allen stays. Grant when it got to the B1G was not nearly as impressive, but having some returning talent that played last year is not a luxury Nebraska has had in years. Wonder if Rahmir stays if he will get out of the dog cage.

The idea we haven’t had returning production at the skill positions in what seems like a decade has been frustrating.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

Pretty solid post about it all. Concludes with him believing our NIL program is poised to make a pretty solid jump and the 2024 class should prove that out.

I did read the link you shared from Herbie's Hangout and believe others should as well.

Assuming the blog is accurate, Nebraska will have some challenges with NIL.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I did read the link you shared from Herbie's Hangout and believe others should as well.

Assuming the blog is accurate, Nebraska will have some challenges with NIL.

Everyone is going to have challenges. But the blog did conclude with him being confident that Nebraska will be very competitive in that arena moving forward.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Everyone is going to have challenges. But the blog did conclude with him being confident that Nebraska will be very competitive in that arena moving forward.

I heard that part loud and clear, but limited resources (in this case cash), is limited resources. We need more boosters with REALLY deep pockets.

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful that the people will be smart and do the right thing - instead of being political and cutting off their nose for spite. Typical in the past at Dear Ole NU.

Furthermore, people in this state are conservative. Meaning, if the University isn't involved I'm not sure the average fan will buy into the collective in large enough numbers. The narrative already started that we were already one of the top in the nation.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I heard that part loud and clear, but limited resources (in this case cash), is limited resources. We need more boosters with REALLY deep pockets.

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful that the people will be smart and do the right thing - instead of being political and cutting off their nose for spite. Typical in the past at Dear Ole NU.

Furthermore, people in this state are conservative. Meaning, if the University isn't involved I'm not sure the average fan will buy into the collective in large enough numbers. The narrative already started that we were already one of the top in the nation.

Davison has told people off the record that the Peeds are willing to throw whatever money at 1890 that it really takes.

During the transfer window last year we really didn’t have problems buying the talent we wanted.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Davison has told people off the record that the Peeds are willing to throw whatever money at 1890 that it really takes.

During the transfer window last year we really didn’t have problems buying the talent we wanted.

Good to hear. If that's the case, I hope they're multi-billionaires -- with a B.

I didn't even know the Peed's existed in the State of NE. until about 3 years ago. That doesn't mean they couldn't have several billion to their name. If you're pushing out several million annually, in about 20 years, you could be looking at $200 - $300 million contributed to just paying players.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds