Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Andy Staples Show:

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Pretty good discussion on the firing, what's next, etc. Ari clearly playing devil's advocate and saying some dumb shit throughout, but it is a debating/ideas type show so I get the need to fill that even when it doesn't make sense.

One of the more eye-opening things I somehow hadn't even thought of - When it comes to Scott Frost's record in 1 score games, Staples made the point that if you are building a strong/winning culture you SHOULDN'T BE in that many 1 score games. You should be taking care of lesser opponents with more ease and separating yourself from the pack. So the one score game record is a bit of a bloviated stat anyways.

So I looked - What do the numbers say? Is that an accurate take?

13/27 one score games that Scott Frost coached in were against opponents that finished their season at 1 game above .500 or worse OR were in a far lesser conference that were a "pay to get embarrassed" game. Half of those one score games were against teams we should have been SEPARATING from and shouldn't be in 1 score coin flips to begin with.

SINGLE SCORE OPPONENTW/LOPPONENT FINAL RECORD
ColoradoL5-7
TroyL10-3 (sun belt)
NorthwesternL9-5
Ohio StateL13-1
Michigan StateW7-6
CockeyeL9-4
ColoradoL5-7
IllinoisW6-7
NorthwesternW3-9
IndianaL8-5
PurdoodooL4-8
CockeyeL10-3
NorthwesternL7-2
Penn StateW4-5
CockeyeL6-2
MinnesotaL3-4
RutgersW3-6
IllinoisL5-7
OklahomaL11-2
Michigan StateL11-2
MichiganL12-2
MinnesotaL9-4
PurdoodooL9-4
WisconsinL9-4
CockeyeL10-4
NorthwesternL1-1
Georgia SouthernL2-0 (sun belt)

SINGLE SCORE OPPONENTW/LOPPONENT FINAL RECORD
ColoradoL5-7
TroyL10-3 (sun belt)
NorthwesternL9-5
Ohio StateL13-1
Michigan StateW7-6
CockeyesL9-4
ColoradoL5-7
IllinoisW6-7
NorthwesternW3-9
IndianaL8-5
PurdoodooL4-8
CockeyesL10-3
NorthwesternL7-2
Penn StateW4-5
CockeyesL6-2
MinnesotaL3-4
RutgersW3-6
IllinoisL5-7
OklahomaL11-2
Michigan StateL11-2
MichiganL12-2
MinnesotaL9-4
PurdoodooL9-4
WisconsinL9-4
CockeyesL10-4
NorthwesternL1-1
Georgia SouthernL2-0 (sun belt)
christmas selfies GIF

Brutal

But also fuck that schedule last year was brutal.
I thought the same thing as I was building this. Like - those weren’t programs to be “pulling away from” but rather to “compete with” when all at their best.

Obviously I’d expect we generally pull away from Minnesota (their best should compete with our norm), Michigan State (1 year at 11-2, let’s see their sustained level), Purdoodoo (see Minnesota)

But god - last year all those programs were at their heights.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back