Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Amy Williams lands another 5 star. (2 Viewers)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
The fact that all because of Caitlin Clark, more people watched the women’s championship then the men’s is actually fucking insane.
What day of the week was it? Honestly don't remember.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Sunday at 2. Doesn’t make it any less insane though. It’s fucking women’s basketball.

I'm not typically an old man yells at cloud guy - with one exception. WTF are the basketball and football national championships on a Monday night?

I realize Mondays allegedly bring better ratings, but I cannot tell you how many national title games I've not watched fully because of work obligations. Love college football, but many have high intensity jobs and being well-rested is more important than a football game ending at nearly midnight. Of course it might be my problem that I have a tendency to carry-on during Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A women’s basketball 5 star was down to Nebraska, vtech, unc, and byu?
doubtful season 3 GIF by A&E

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm not typically an old man yells at cloud guy - with one exception. WTF are the basketball and football national championships on a Monday night?

I realize Mondays allegedly bring better ratings, but I cannot tell you how many national title games I've not watched fully because of work obligations. Love college football, but many have high intensity jobs and being well-rested is more important than a football game ending at nearly midnight. Of course it might be my problem that I have a tendency to carry-on during Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
I couldn’t agree more, it’s a fucking joke. Play on Saturdays all year, but can’t play the championship on Saturday cause the NFL playoffs.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

I agree, College Football belongs on Saturday, that's when the championship should be played.

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
I agree, College Football belongs on Saturday, that's when the championship should be played.
They’ll never try to contend with the NFL though so idk how it would happen. But fuck, I’d prefer Thursday over Monday. Idk if nfl playoffs play on Thursday and I’m not looking it up..

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
They’ll never try to contend with the NFL though so idk how it would happen. But fuck, I’d prefer Thursday over Monday. Idk if nfl playoffs play on Thursday and I’m not looking it up..
Couldn't the college title game be played just prior to playoff games on Saturday? Or maybe play it on Thursday or Friday. Monday is stupid from my (and many others) perspective.

I think the powers that be would be suprised at what kind of party they could create on a Thursday or Friday. In 2025 it appears the NFL has a game on Monday January 13th...won't that compete with college?

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
Couldn't the college title game be played just prior to playoff games on Saturday? Or maybe play it on Thursday or Friday. Monday is stupid from my (and many others) perspective.

I think the powers that be would be suprised at what kind of party they could create on a Thursday or Friday. In 2025 it appears the NFL has a game on Monday January 13th...won't that compete with college?
Hey I’m in total agreement here. I think with the 12 team playoff the date will get moved back for the championship.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds