Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking AMEX Platinum card members offer (2 Viewers)

BigRed97

Aquatic Technician
Elite Member
Big Tone, I tried it with my Delta AMEX. They shut me down. I even threatened to leave AMEX after 18 years. They said I need to upgrade my card to Reserve.

Thanks for the heads-up tho.

Herbie

Quarterback
Oh you want to cancel. Oh no honey I’ll tell you what. Instead of canceling how about you spend 3k over 3 months and we’ll give you the equivalent of a potential $300 in rewards!

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Gents,

They are offering a retainment bonus of 30,000 points if you call and try to cancel. You have 3 months to spend $3k to get it. Might as well play the game. You’re welcome.
Big Tone it's not worth it to keep the Amex card. I had the same offer but cancelled my Amex card. It has an annual fee.

Just use your Citi card or your normal bank credit card, it's just as good or even better than Amex as they're without an annual fee.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Big Tone it's not worth it to keep the Amex card. I had the same offer but cancelled my Amex card. It has an annual fee.

Just use your Citi card or your normal bank credit card, it's just as good or even better than Amex as they're without an annual fee.
Military = annual fee waived so it’s good news for us. Especially now that travel has 100% rebounded post-Covid.

Last edited:

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Thanks Tone but with all the ballers on tPB I'm sure most of them already have the AMEX Black card.
Only some of us, Vail. If you haven’t been invited to that hidden board, contact Garrett. We talk about our opulent lifestyles and frivolous purchases. Sometimes we post pictures burning cash or stuffing it into various stripper’s holes.. it’s pretty cool. Don’t contact Jim about access, as he is butthurt about AmEx denying him Black.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

CLEAR & TSA Pre paid for
$200 flight credit
$200 hotel credit
$120 Uber Credit

Those perks alone hit the annual fee.

Throw in everything else...if you use it, it's great.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
CLEAR & TSA Pre paid for
$200 flight credit
$200 hotel credit
$120 Uber Credit

Those perks alone hit the annual fee.

Throw in everything else...if you use it, it's great.
I switched a few years ago to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has similar benefits. Definitely worth it if you use it

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds