Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Alante Brown (2 Viewers)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Dean keeps bringing up Alante Brown rejoining the team and his current separation from the team is non-football related. Anyone have any insight as to what that could mean?

If this has been addressed somewhere else feel free to tell me to get lost.
Good chance it means that it’s possible he rejoins the team. Don’t hold my feet to the fire though

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's been kept secret. $Dean has hinted numerous times that the door could still be open for him to return. I hope everything is ok with whatever the off field issue is. If Rhule wants him back and he wants to play for the Huskers then I hope he comes back.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a hard time seeing who he'll beat out for PT, much less a scholarship. We will probably go down 2-3 in scholarships, and they won't be freshmen or, most likely, seniors. Why are people interested in this?

Pos.Fr. RFr.So.Jr.Sr.
WR (15)Malachi Coleman

Jaidyn Doss

Brice Turner

Jaylen Lloyd

Jeremiah Charles

Demitrius Bell
Janiran Bonner

Victor Jones Jr.
Shawn Hardy II

Zavier Betts

Alante Brown

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda
Marcus Washington

Josh Fleeks

Billy Kemp IV

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a hard time seeing who he'll beat out for PT, much less a scholarship. We will probably go down 2-3 in scholarships, and they won't be freshmen or, most likely, seniors. Why are people interested in this?

If Malachi and Betts keep their heads on straight they'll both be really good. Other than that who excites you?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Malachi and Betts keep their heads on straight they'll both be really good. Other than that who excites you?
I'd take a chance on Bonner and Jones over Brown. More upside. Jones has only been here a year; he was only 17 in spring practice last year and ran a 10.7 in HS. Bonner also will just be a redshirt frosh. Brown's been here 3 years and hasn't shown much.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd take a chance on Bonner and Jones over Brown. More upside. Jones has only been here a year; he was only 17 in spring practice last year and ran a 10.7 in HS. Bonner also will just be a redshirt frosh. Brown's been here 3 years and hasn't shown much.
Yeah. We know that he's a fringe rotation guy. Time to move on

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Brown wouldn't beat out Kemp, Fleeks or Washington either ..
Agree on Kemp, but Fleeks hasn't shown that he is anything more than a catch or two a game. Washington definitely has a higher ceiling, but hasn't shown a lot more than Alante.

Is he irreplaceable? Not at all. But I think he definitely makes the WR room better.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Brown wouldn't beat out Kemp, Fleeks or Washington either ..
I like Washington but I'd be indifferent if the roles were reversed.

Point is you've got Betts and Coleman that could be legitimate NFL WR's if everything goes well.

The rest of the room there could be solid contributors and potentially make a roster including Brown. Who leaves and who stays isn't going to matter to me.

Maybe someone proves me wrong. Brown has enough talent he could be more.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds