Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Alante brown overreaction thread (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wouldn’t blame him. He got plenty of hype over the off-season from the media machine. Like all of the young scholarship WRs aren’t doing what they’re supposed to in practice? C’mon.

player transferring letting ScoFro know:

31a8f79c79a062447a9c0eb34231a49a.jpg

Last edited:

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I wouldn’t blame him. He got plenty of hype over the summer and preseason from the media machine. Like all of the young scholarship WRs aren’t doing what they’re supposed to in practice? C’mon.
It blows my fucking mind that Alanta Brown, Betts, Nance, and whoever else the fuck our scholarship WRs can't get on the field. I don't give a flying fuck if they run routes wrong or whatever else. That's a coaching/scheme issue. If you can't get them on the field when what you have out there is dog shit....then what the fuck are you doing.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
This staff is showing that they are clueless. Matt Lubick actually has P5 experience, so is it Scott overruling him?
I mean, last season at this time the excuse/scapegoat was Walters, right? 🤷‍♂️

A year later new guy similar problems.

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yeah. That’s true. This program is in worse shape now than it was when Scott took over. We may as well do away with scholarships since Scott would rather play walk ons from O’Neill. Shit we can save the athletic department some money since they have a shortfall from covid.

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Do you ever think that this staff has some serious issues when a 4* wideout can’t get playing time but, a couple walk ons do. Can we not identify talent, can we not relate to the boys with talent, can we not coach them up? WTF is the deal. We have the talent to win the west.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you ever think that this staff has some serious issues when a 4* wideout can’t get playing time but, a couple walk ons do. Can we not identify talent, can we not relate to the boys with talent, can we not coach them up? WTF is the deal. We have the talent to win the west.
I think this staff has some serious issues when I watch the football games (mostly losses)

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
He should leave, it's mind-blowing that this staff won't play their best players. Those 4 guys(brown, betts, flemming, manning) would be starting on any other team and be stars by now. This staff can't develop and they can't "coach" for shit. This shit is hard to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if even the local guy Betts leaves. He'd get more playing time at racist cockeys

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm as perplexed by with the WR issue as any of you guys, but Betts is consistently getting on the field now, at least. However, as others have mentioned, this really isn't the issue. The guys out there are running open consistently. There are glaring examples with Wan'Dale but also Oliver Martin yesterday. It's all on QB play. Martinez missed every single one of them. Alante Brown wouldn't change a damn thing about that.

We literally win by multiple scores yesterday if Martinez can complete anything beyond ten yards with the consistency commensurate with being a P5 starting QB.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm as perplexed by with the WR issue as any of you guys, but Betts is consistently getting on the field now, at least. However, as others have mentioned, this really isn't the issue. The guys out there are running open consistently. There are glaring examples with Wan'Dale but also Oliver Martin yesterday. It's all on QB play. Martinez missed every single one of them. Alante Brown wouldn't change a damn thing about that.

We literally win by multiple scores yesterday if Martinez can complete anything beyond ten yards with the consistency commensurate with being a P5 starting QB.
Yep

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion

I agree, just concerning for next year. The lack of development at qb is even more concerning. Good qb play wouldn't fix everything but we wouldn't have to continue making excuses for why we lost due to a bad call or missed assignment. If you hit those big plays and you win by a few scores no one looks back at those mistakes. Mistakes happen to every team.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds