Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Aerator (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Perhaps this was already suggested but I would personally stop being a cheap bastard and hire someone.
And not have an excuse to spend 3 hours alone outside away from my wife and kids?

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Anyone ever rented and use an aerator themselves? My current plan fell through, and I don't think I want to deal with it in the spring. My buddy says they're brutal to use, have seen some compact ones available for rent around Omaha for fairly cheap. They that hard to use?
I usually just use one off Amazon in my bait tank to keep bait alive for catching catfish on the Missouri River. Not hard to use at all. I plug it in

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I usually just use one off Amazon in my bait tank to keep bait alive for catching catfish on the Missouri River. Not hard to use at all. I plug it in
I bought one of those coolers with the built in aerator a couple years ago. Yet to use it. Usually on the boat.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I bought one of those coolers with the built in aerator a couple years ago. Yet to use it. Usually on the boat.
Did you get the frabil? Yellow lid? They’re great when they work. The aerator will go out after some abuse but just replace it. We’ve used the shit out of a few of them for several years now.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So I aerated and overseeded last Thursday. When do I mow balancing how long my old grass is with how long I aspire for my new grass to be?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Liquid aeration

Or a starter fert with liquid aeration... I used this and was very impressed with the color.

Mechanical aeration is better when you get the area done at a high level. A liquid will get 100% of the soil aerated vs just where the plugs are. Also I don't have to dick around with the machine.

Another pro to the liquid is you don't have to worry about hitting a sprinkler head and ruining the sprinkler head.

Don't do a mechanical aeration in the spring. Your preemergent basically makes a barrier so weeds don't come up. You mechanically aerate it you basically break that barrier and ruin your preemergent.

Stumbled across this..

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Aerated Monday. Was planning to seed yesterday but ended up not having enough, half a spreader worth, and that hurricane last night, so the small amount down is probably washed. Got tomorrow off so I'm headed to Grass Pad to get a fresh bag of seed and putting that down tomorrow. Got about a week left before sprinkler winterization so should be a nice base for spring time.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did you get the frabil? Yellow lid? They’re great when they work. The aerator will go out after some abuse but just replace it. We’ve used the shit out of a few of them for several years now.
That's exactly what it is. It looks like a good setup. If you had another cooler with ice to toss in every now and then I bet you can keep them alive a long time.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That's exactly what it is. It looks like a good setup. If you had another cooler with ice to toss in every now and then I bet you can keep them alive a long time.
Yes you can. I’ve always helps on those hot days. It’s nice the bait cooler is fairly insulated as well. Keeps minnows from freezing also while ice fishing.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds