Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Administered vaccine

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
My wife and I volunteered at a vaccine center yesterday. It was State Farm Stadium here in Phoenix which is 24/7.

We volunteered for graveyard shift which was 10pm Saturday to 6 am Sunday. Definitely a long night and on your feet the entire 8 hours.

A reservation was required and verified. There were a few that tried to sneak in, but denied. The entire operation was very well organized. As people drove in, their reservation was verified and a code written on their windshield.

They then drove forward to the inoculation area. The code on the windshield was again verified and they were asked a series of questions. At that point, they were vaccinated by either me or another medical person.

After receiving their shot, they drove forward and either my wife or someone else scheduled their second vaccine. They immediately received an email confirmation. They were also monitored for adverse reactions by medical personnel before being released.

Overall, an extremely rewarding opportunity. And rain didn’t help. We were exhausted when we got home, but happy to help.

Sorry this was so long and probably boring. Just wanted to share our experience

Looking forward to getting the shots over with. Every one I have spoke to that has gotten the vaccine has said 2nd round is a little rougher but not too bad.

AZ really fucked up the second dose for those who got their shot before Jan 10-15th...tons of folks can't schedule their second dose because of no available slots through the end of February. Sucks.

AZ really fucked up the second dose for those who got their shot before Jan 10-15th...tons of folks can't schedule their second dose because of no available slots through the end of February. Sucks.
Yes, I’ve heard that. Poor planning

I feel like BD is one of these types of folks?

I came down with a heckuva rona flu so I'm glad I'm not needing this year's anymore. It needs more guinea pigs anyway

I feel like BD is one of these types of folks?

I came down with a heckuva rona flu so I'm glad I'm not needing this year's anymore. It needs more guinea pigs anyway
I've got my second dose scheduled on the 5th, but people I work with are freaking out lol. Sounds like the second dose isn't necessary within 3 weeks, but rather the recommendation, but yeah...the State of AZ didn't anticipate this when they opened up 1B, which is pretty stupid.

Looking forward to getting the shots over with. Every one I have spoke to that has gotten the vaccine has said 2nd round is a little rougher but not too bad.
Purely anecdotal but if you didn't have a reaction to the first shot then you won't really with the second besides muscle soreness. I don't know anyone who didn't at least have a sore shoulder. My Girlfriend and a coworker both had flu-like symptoms the day after the shot.

I've got my second dose scheduled on the 5th, but people I work with are freaking out lol. Sounds like the second dose isn't necessary within 3 weeks, but rather the recommendation, but yeah...the State of AZ didn't anticipate this when they opened up 1B, which is pretty stupid.
When are we supposed to get the pots being sold to the public?

I got an email from my provider here in Newport Beach saying that as soon as the county allocates them some vaccine they'll schedule us, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Beats lining up at Disneyland with the mob. They had an app for scheduling the mass immunization appointments but it kept crashing. Of course it did because anything related to covid has been a cluster, lol.

When are we supposed to get the pots being sold to the public?
State of AZ opened up recreational sales to like 80 shops on Friday...I bought my first legal weed on Saturday morning. We got there and had to wait in line for like 40 minutes. It was wild.

State of AZ opened up recreational sales to like 80 shops on Friday...I bought my first legal weed on Saturday morning. We got there and had to wait in line for like 40 minutes. It was wild.
I finally made it in. I've never been to one before...treated myself.

I finally made it in. I've never been to one before...treated myself.
Fun Rip GIF by Barstool Sports
Halloween Rip GIF by Lucie Mullen

Purely anecdotal but if you didn't have a reaction to the first shot then you won't really with the second besides muscle soreness. I don't know anyone who didn't at least have a sore shoulder. My Girlfriend and a coworker both had flu-like symptoms the day after the shot.
Fuck man, my first shot I had a sore arm and nothing else. 2nd shot, chills and shakes from hell, headache, nausea, dizziness, fever, sweats, diffuse aches for about 18 hours. Same with a mix of my staff and partners (although others had nothing).

Moderna vaccine.

Fuck man, my first shot I had a sore arm and nothing else. 2nd shot, chills and shakes from hell, headache, nausea, dizziness, fever, sweats, diffuse aches for about 18 hours. Same with a mix of my staff and partners (although others had nothing).

Moderna vaccine.
About 60% at our place felt a bit rough the next day. I just had a sore arm.

Moderna vaccine.
It’s amazing how some people have wildly different reactions. Another coworkers just got the second Pfizer and he was out for two days. Worth it though as it at leaves gives us a fighting chance to convince people to allow in person school.

My wife and I volunteered at a vaccine center yesterday. It was State Farm Stadium here in Phoenix which is 24/7.

We volunteered for graveyard shift which was 10pm Saturday to 6 am Sunday. Definitely a long night and on your feet the entire 8 hours.

A reservation was required and verified. There were a few that tried to sneak in, but denied. The entire operation was very well organized. As people drove in, their reservation was verified and a code written on their windshield.

They then drove forward to the inoculation area. The code on the windshield was again verified and they were asked a series of questions. At that point, they were vaccinated by either me or another medical person.

After receiving their shot, they drove forward and either my wife or someone else scheduled their second vaccine. They immediately received an email confirmation. They were also monitored for adverse reactions by medical personnel before being released.

Overall, an extremely rewarding opportunity. And rain didn’t help. We were exhausted when we got home, but happy to help.

Sorry this was so long and probably boring. Just wanted to share our experience
I drive by that place 1x/week and the past few mondays I’ve driven by it looks busy. That is awesome that a lot of people are getting it and it really seems like a well run machine. I’ve spoken to people who have volunteered/vaccinated and I see the trailers that I’m sure are rest spots for volunteers. Thanks for doing that Scottie. AZ seems to have it together. Been going 24/7 for 2 1/2 weeks now

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back