Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

9/7 Texas @ Michigan set for Big Noon Kickoff- Possible Impacts on NU/CO kick time…. (1 Viewer)

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

Other B1G home v P5 games on 9/7

Nebraska v Colorado
Illinois v Kansas
Cockeye v Cockeye State
Maryland v Michigan State
Northwestern v Duke

Bonus: Oregon v Boise State (not P5 but interesting game)

Have to presume DONU/CU is slated for either 2:30 CBS or 6:30 NBC as a result of the above… if so this place will be the loudest since 2014 Miami (FL)

Herbie

Quarterback
Care to elaborate ya cranky old fart
11am. I can wake up and have a delightful breakfast. If it’s still fall I can crank up the mower before the game. Come inside shower. Listen to some Sean Callahan pregame info. Watch the game.
Post game can have the rest of my day to do whatever.

3pm not as ideal. Just need more filler between wake up and kickoff.

7pm I’m ready for bed by halftime.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
11am. I can wake up and have a delightful breakfast. If it’s still fall I can crank up the mower before the game. Come inside shower. Listen to some Sean Callahan pregame info. Watch the game.
Post game can have the rest of my day to do whatever.

3pm not as ideal. Just need more filler between wake up and kickoff.

7pm I’m ready for bed by halftime.
I was out at Dean O'Reilly

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Isn’t there some dude that basically estimates what times CFB games will be?

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Isn’t there some dude that basically estimates what times CFB games will be?
He guessed 2:30 CBS

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
He guessed 2:30 CBS

NBC drawing a Maryland home game for the 3rd time out of 13 broadcasts and 5th time overall showing the Terps would be hilarious.

While the Big Ten and its member schools are getting very rich due to the multi network media contact, NBC seems to be getting fucked over.

They're drawing tier 2 and even tier 3 games now in the pecking order. And they're getting killed in the ratings. Their primetime broadcast of the Charlotte at Maryland game was the 3rd lowest ranked Big Ten game all season, on any network. That's like Northwestern vs Southern Illinois at 11 am on BTN bad.

NBC was stuck with 3 Purdue Home games, 3 Maryland Home games, 1 Michigan State home game, and 2 games for Illinois.

In week one, the Big Ten home game non con slate is awful. NBC might get stuck with an even worse game that week.

Needless to say, NBC doesnt seem to be getting their $700 million worth.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
NBC drawing a Maryland home game for the 3rd time out of 13 broadcasts and 5th time overall showing the Terps would be hilarious.

While the Big Ten and its member schools are getting very rich due to the multi network media contact, NBC seems to be getting fucked over.

They're drawing tier 2 and even tier 3 games now in the pecking order. And they're getting killed in the ratings. Their primetime broadcast of the Charlotte at Maryland game was the 3rd lowest ranked Big Ten game all season, on any network. That's like Northwestern vs Southern Illinois at 11 am on BTN bad.

NBC was stuck with 3 Purdue Home games, 3 Maryland Home games, 1 Michigan State home game, and 2 games for Illinois.

In week one, the Big Ten home game non con slate is awful. NBC might get stuck with an even worse game that week.

Doesn't NBC also host the Notre Dame games?

Maybe this is B1G's way of malicious compliance with NBC keeping Notre Dame's TV contract nice and cozy?

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

Where are you getting the info for the Charlotte/Maryland numbers? I’m not finding that to be true- in fact, there were 3 windows that week alone that had worse viewership numbers than Charlotte/MD (665k)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds