Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit 5 Star TE Arik Gilbert Commits to NU (5 Viewers)

huskersoup

Linebacker
Elite Member
Anyone know what his main skillset is? Receiver? Blocker? Good at both?
Here is his scouting report from HS and 2021:

Long-limbed, muscular, v-shaped athlete with a frame that can continue to add lean mass naturally. Rare body. Has played both sides of the ball for his high school and brings consistent effort in each role. Brings mismatch ability to the tight end position with both size and athleticism. Can play attached, split out as a wide receiver or as a 'move' tight end . Adequate hands and ball skills that have improved steadily over HS career. Can sink hips and change directions as a route-runner with receiver proficiency. Catches in traffic effectively. Highly competitive. Has elite verified combine athleticism. Once looked like a higher upside prospect at defensive end but has honed his offensive skill-set to become one of the most unique tight end prospects in years. Best tight end prospect we've seen since OJ Howard. Power five impact player on either side of the ball with first-round NFL Draft upside.

Transfer Evaluation (2021): No. 3 overall, No. 1 WR: True freshman All-American wound up at Georgia after brief Florida commitment and is now listed as a wide receiver. The highest-ranked tight end in 247Sports Composite history will be a matchup nightmare. - Clint Brewster

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s why I said 5%. #TightEndU
I’m even saying if they play to their potential. Hell I don’t even know what Fidone’s potential is at this point because he is always injured. Fidone is like Teddy to me. We don’t know how good they are, and I would never pencil in either as a starter because both will probably be injured. Either way the tightend was a big get because it’s a big need and he looks solid.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
600x200

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds