Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

3 Huskers to NFL Combine (2 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Palmer, Vokolek, & Mathis. No invite for Nelson:

The official list of invitees to the 2023 NFL Combine in Indianapolis was revealed on Wednesday. Three former Nebraska players will get the chance to showcase themselves at the event.

Wide receiver Trey Palmer, tight end Travis Vokolek, and linebacker Ochaun Mathis all received invites to the Combine, held at Lucas Oil Stadium from March 2-5.

Mathis will be the first Husker to go with the linebackers and defensive linemen on Thursday, March 2, with drills starting at 1 p.m. CT.

Palmer and Vokolek will go on Saturday, March 4, with the receivers, tight ends, and quarterbacks. Drills that day will begin at 11 a.m. CT.

Coverage of the event will be on NFL Network.

https://www.Tater Island.com/teams/...ws/three-huskers-invited-to-2023-nfl-combine/

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Is it too late for Nelson to withdraw from the NFL draft if he wants to ?
He hasn't signed with an agent yet that I can find, so he could theoretically come back.

He made the Senior Bowl & is gonna get his chance in front of the scouts at Nebraska's pro day, so I don't think this is a huge obstacle in and of itself.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Palmer, Vokolek, & Mathis. No invite for Nelson:

The official list of invitees to the 2023 NFL Combine in Indianapolis was revealed on Wednesday. Three former Nebraska players will get the chance to showcase themselves at the event.

Wide receiver Trey Palmer, tight end Travis Vokolek, and linebacker Ochaun Mathis all received invites to the Combine, held at Lucas Oil Stadium from March 2-5.

Mathis will be the first Husker to go with the linebackers and defensive linemen on Thursday, March 2, with drills starting at 1 p.m. CT.

Palmer and Vokolek will go on Saturday, March 4, with the receivers, tight ends, and quarterbacks. Drills that day will begin at 11 a.m. CT.

Coverage of the event will be on NFL Network.

All Transfers.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
He’s giving me Damion Daniels vibes

Good senior year but should have come back for another

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Is it too late for Nelson to withdraw from the NFL draft if he wants to ?

He hasn't signed with an agent yet that I can find, so he could theoretically come back.

He made the Senior Bowl & is gonna get his chance in front of the scouts at Nebraska's pro day, so I don't think this is a huge obstacle in and of itself.
Interesting but if he came back would he still be a starter? 🤔

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Interesting but if he came back would he still be a starter? 🤔
I'm a bigger fan of Nelson than most - he was second team all conference, and IIRC, our most productive DL since Gregory (admittedly not a super high bar).

I don't think the previous staff did him a lot of favors with the way they used him, and I tend to think if he was turned loose in an attacking scheme with tighter coverage in the secondary, he'd be a double digits sack guy.

If he stays in the draft, he may not get his name called until a late round or free agency, but I believe he makes a regular season roster.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm a bigger fan of Nelson than most - he was second team all conference, and IIRC, our most productive DL since Gregory (admittedly not a super high bar).

I don't think the previous staff did him a lot of favors with the way they used him, and I tend to think if he was turned loose in an attacking scheme with tighter coverage in the secondary, he'd be a double digits sack guy.

If he stays in the draft, he may not get his name called until a late round or free agency, but I believe he makes a regular season roster.
I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just curious where he would fit in the new defense. It's too bad that they played him as a freshman he could have a used a redshirt year to get himself better prepared for playing in college. It seemed like the first couple of years he was just running around with his hair on fire. Like others have said it would probably have been beneficial for him to have stayed and worked on his development with the new coaches if his aspirations were to go to the NFL.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
bad financial advising for ScoBlo’s own????

What is this @Elizabeth Reed ???!

200w.gif

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

7-star heart…….Hometown Hero.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds