Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

3 big visitors this weekend (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Huskeronline is saying Banks isn’t visiting
good thing Huskeronline is NEVER wrong

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Herbie

Quarterback
Banks and Neyor are experienced receivers with big bodies who have put up better-than-decent stats at one point in their careers. Nebraska currently has a 190 lb freshman and a 160 lb freshman who have talent but have yet to truly produce and could barely get off the line in press coverage. The coaches must believe that Banks and Neyor can get back to their previous production with the arm talent Raiola provides.

Trey Palmer had 41 receptions for 458 yds and 3 TDs and averaged 11 yds per catch over a 3 year period at LSU. Should we not have taken him?

Until Nebraska starts winning, it will be hard to pull the 5 star WR transfers because the best guys want to go to the Ohio States and Georgias of the world where they can compete for a championship. So we have to take on what some might consider projects. . . for now.
Trey Palmer had something they both don’t have, speed. And he was buried on an elite group of WRs.
Neyor I guess was also buried on an elite group, but he was also injured. Not saying either are bad, but people are so giddy over the thought of them.

They are probably closer to an IGC and Marcus Washington level than Palmer.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Trey Palmer had something they both don’t have, speed. And he was buried on an elite group of WRs.
Neyor I guess was also buried on an elite group, but he was also injured. Not saying either are bad, but people are so giddy over the thought of them.

They are probably closer to an IGC and Marcus Washington level than Palmer.
I don't know that I've seen anyone who is giddy about them. I feel like most people are excited about adding depth, size, and experience to a very young and unproven WR corps.

Were you excited about he prospect of landing Flemming? He's clocked a 4.45. Neyor runs a 4.49, so pretty comparable. And Sark wanted him, so that's good enough for me.

Banks runs a 4.52, but he's 6'4" 215lbs. We're not going to be asking him to take the top off a defense, and we currently don't have a starting caliber WR with his body type. Coleman could become that, with the speed to burn, but he isn't there yet.

Herbie

Quarterback
I don't know that I've seen anyone who is giddy about them. I feel like most people are excited about adding depth, size, and experience to a very young and unproven WR corps.

Were you excited about he prospect of landing Flemming? He's clocked a 4.45. Neyor runs a 4.49, so pretty comparable. And Sark wanted him, so that's good enough for me.

Banks runs a 4.52, but he's 6'4" 215lbs. We're not going to be asking him to take the top off a defense, and we currently don't have a starting caliber WR with his body type. Coleman could become that, with the speed to burn, but he isn't there yet.
No, Fleming is also mid.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
What Banks has that Neyor doesn’t right now is verified interest from other big time programs (visits to ND, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan). Neyor is definitely a gamble. I hope we can take both bc if nothing else they’ll give us an older, veteran presence within the WR room.

panther07

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
What Banks has that Neyor doesn’t right now is verified interest from other big time programs (visits to ND, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan). Neyor is definitely a gamble. I hope we can take both bc if nothing else they’ll give us an older, veteran presence within the WR room.
Neyor took a visit to West Virginia before the dead period (Dec 16th weekend). He's just kept his recruitment close to the vest compared to others.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
So did Neyor start at Texas?

He started at Wyoming and tore it up there. Tore his ACL I believe so only played in one game at Texas.
I am curious if we can get him as a walk on NIL deal guy.... 1 game played in 2 years is a massive red flag, but he has plenty of upside if he is 100% recovered.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I am curious if we can get him as a walk on NIL deal guy.... 1 game played in 2 years is a massive red flag, but he has plenty of upside if he is 100% recovered.

I like him being the second guy you take. I don’t like him being the only one you take.

That being said, I think the staff is pretty confident in what they’ve already got returning and what is coming in at semester.

Curious on Bell and Barney. I hope Barney is everything we wanted Marcus Fleming to be.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Trey Palmer had something they both don’t have, speed.
Well we got Lloyd who hit 22.7 MPH on his first TD.... Apparently nobody in the NFL has hit that this year yet.

I think these two are "good" WRs that add to the room something that they don't really have.... Size. Banks and Neyor are both pretty good at contested catches. Do I think they will be a Trey? no, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were Toure.

Also, with how young that room is I think having older members would be beneficial.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Well we got Lloyd who hit 22.7 MPH on his first TD.... Apparently nobody in the NFL has hit that this year yet.

I think these two are "good" WRs that add to the room something that they don't really have.... Size. Banks and Neyor are both pretty good at contested catches. Do I think they will be a Trey? no, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were Toure.

Also, with how young that room is I think having older members would be beneficial.

Lloyd seems to be incredibly undervalued everywhere. I’d load up on his stock and not look back.

You’ve got a dude who hit 22.7 MPH on a route in football pads and now we’ve got a QB who can throw the ball 70 yards into a bucket. I like where this is going.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Lloyd seems to be incredibly undervalued everywhere. I’d load up on his stock and not look back.

You’ve got a dude who hit 22.7 MPH on a route in football pads and now we’ve got a QB who can throw the ball 70 yards into a bucket. I like where this is going.
We're going to go old school NCAA Playstation football... run 4 verticals every play & chuck it deep. Raiola with 700 passing yards & 9 TDs per game.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Banks and Neyor are experienced receivers with big bodies who have put up better-than-decent stats at one point in their careers. Nebraska currently has a 190 lb freshman and a 160 lb freshman who have talent but have yet to truly produce and could barely get off the line in press coverage. The coaches must believe that Banks and Neyor can get back to their previous production with the arm talent Raiola provides.

Trey Palmer had 41 receptions for 458 yds and 3 TDs and averaged 11 yds per catch over a 3 year period at LSU. Should we not have taken him?

Until Nebraska starts winning, it will be hard to pull the 5 star WR transfers because the best guys want to go to the Ohio States and Georgias of the world where they can compete for a championship. So we have to take on what some might consider projects. . . for now.
Our fans know everything pal. Much much more than the coaches.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds