Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2024 coaching staff (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
Realistically Nebraska will only make 1-2 changes max. Probably 1

OC/QB - Satterfield - not going anywhere
RB - EJ Barthel - not going anywhere
WR - Garrett McGuire - not going anywhere
TE - Josh Martin - interim coach, did nothing to earn the job
OL - Donnovan Raiola - not going anywhere

DC - Tony White - HC Candidate elsewhere
DL - Terrance Knighton - NFL?

LB - Rob Dvoracek - probably staying, is he an NFL guy at heart?
DB - Evan Cooper - not going anywhere

ST - Ed Foley - he’s not going anywhere but he has to be close to retirement age. Maybe he hangs it up or takes an off field analyst role with Rhule.

———
Possible replacements.

Brian Ferentz - hate im saying it but it makes sense. TE and maybe ST coach? Opens up for sat to hire a qb coach if needed?

Elijah Robinson - Stoops probably doesn’t retain him, Nebraska have room to make a run?

Herbie

Quarterback
I believe/hope Rhule will give TEs to Satt and bring in a QB coach. Glenn Thomas would likely be a name to watch for that spot.

Pipe dream would be Foley “retiring” to an off-field role and Bill Busch coming back in to coach ST.
If something happens with Foley I think it’s a mistake to hire Busch too, or hire just a ST coach.
Most head coaches take an invested interest in a certain position group and help out more there. Where is Rhule spending his time? A lot of good head coaches anymore spend extra time with special teams.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Brian Ferentz - hate im saying it but it makes sense. TE and maybe ST coach? Opens up for sat to hire a qb coach if needed?

Brian will have more attractive offers. He‘a going to have a handful of interviews to coach OL full time and probably at big time programs. Saban might already have a spot for him

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

ST - Ed Foley - he’s not going anywhere but he has to be close to retirement age. Maybe he hangs it up or takes an off field analyst role with Rhule.

———
Possible replacements.

Elijah Robinson - Stoops probably doesn’t retain him, Nebraska have room to make a run?
I know Foley looks older but he's only 56. ☠️

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

———
Possible replacements.

Events have overtaken your chart. Because of the eff ups in College Station E-Rob is now a real possible candidate for HC at A&M.

Dvoracek is supposedly being groomed to be the future DC down the road.

I think the only change is that Satt takes TEs and we either hire a QB coach or move McGuire to that spot and hire a WR coach. I'd have to think Rhule sees McGuire as the future OC and this would be the logical developmental step.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Still can’t believe that’s the Kindergarten staff we hired with 8 million to work with. Derp fuck Turd got played
It is Nice Mike 2.0. Rhule has never beaten a P5 team with 8+ wins. Ouch....The bright side is that even Nice Mike struck fools gold and got us to a bowl game so there is still hope.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

———
Possible replacements.

Next to zero chance ferentz would ever coach here

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Events have overtaken your chart. Because of the eff ups in College Station E-Rob is now a real possible candidate for HC at A&M.

Dvoracek is supposedly being groomed to be the future DC down the road.

I think the only change is that Satt takes TEs and we either hire a QB coach or move McGuire to that spot and hire a WR coach. I'd have to think Rhule sees McGuire as the future OC and this would be the logical developmental step.
Nebraska hasn't had a QB coach for the last 6 years and it shows.

I mean we paid the nutty professor to ruin 2AM and pretend that Luke McCaffrey was gonna be a Big 10 QB then we had that old dude that hated Frost and obviously only coached Casey Thompson while letting Chubba and HH stand off to the side and watch. Two guys cashing checks and held the title but I could have produced their results.

So if we could get someone to come in and actually work with the players we might not see guys drop the ball with nobody near them when they aren't throwing INTs.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebraska hasn't had a QB coach for the last 6 years and it shows.

I mean we paid the nutty professor to ruin 2AM and pretend that Luke McCaffrey was gonna be a Big 10 QB then we had that old dude that hated Frost and obviously only coached Casey Thompson while letting Chubba and HH stand off to the side and watch. Two guys cashing checks and held the title but I could have produced their results.

So if we could get someone to come in and actually work with the players we might not see guys drop the ball with nobody near them when they aren't throwing INTs.
Still contend that Adrian would have been all big caliber with an actual QB coach. Man we fucked him and his talent up so bad

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I believe/hope Rhule will give TEs to Satt and bring in a QB coach. Glenn Thomas would likely be a name to watch for that spot.
Thomas would be an excellent choice but would he come back to college be a QB coach?

When the Steelers hired him it was seen as hiring the guy who might well replace Matt Canada in the future.

Herbie

Quarterback
Thomas would be an excellent choice but would he come back to college be a QB coach?

When the Steelers hired him it was seen as hiring the guy who might well replace Matt Canada in the future.
NFL is weird in their hiring. Bit it’ll probably be Thomas.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

I have no idea what Thomas’ career path may be. Just know he has a pretty strong connection to Rhule. Also know he has a lot of NFL experience as well. Not sure what realm he prefers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds