Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Off Season Thread (1 Viewer)

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
Good list. Here are my guesses:

OL - We need a complete 2-deep and we know that we’ll have an injury or so. I bet Gottula ends up being 2nd behind Benhart over Hood. Mason Goldman or Sam Sledge as a 2nd team Guard. Overall we try to preserve their redshirts but I bet we end up not being able to with Gottula.

WR - I agree with you. Both Chi and Doss appear to be best suited to play early based on HS and we don’t have depth here. We will go young. Need someone behind Washington who is likely Chi. Someone behind Kemp, who is likely Doss. I don’t think we end up saving either RS.

DL - Someone will get play in addition to Maverick, Prince, and Cam. Could be any of them; VCJ, Macie (although I thought he was starting out on the OL), Sau, or RVP. I think we’ll be able to keep their RSs, though, as we have enough youth at NT and DT that I think we like well enough. The problem is DE and I don’t know if we’ve a solution there with the Freshman other than moving Sherman to this spot and playing frosh LBs. Which, brings me to…

LB - We will be hurting at this spot if we lose Reimer and Henrich. Both Fields and Rogers will have to play a bunch unless we feel that our Walk-Ons can carry the water for the year. We’ll burn their RS.

CB - We need 1-2 more here for depth. Syncere makes sense and he probably can’t RS because of that. Don’t think Barnes or Jones will be ready but who knows.

FS - We need Nation or Stewart to step up. I feel we are weak here at that spot is for the taking. One of those two, probably Nation, will play a bunch unless Brown takes a big leap.
Great list here @BorWhiskey , only thing I would debate is Fields because he's pretty light to come in and play LB this year isn't he? Like 195-200 Lbs.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds