Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread (2 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
How's Nebraska doing going into the season related to injuries? Also, top 3 threads trending on here are all football related. Means we're getting close to watching the fellas playing games. We've got the usual number of injuries in Athens coming out of camp, and the usual amount of freakouts over injuries so another sign season starts in a little over a week there.
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Our top recruit OT's & TE's are made of glass. Beyond that, dings everywhere.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
How's Nebraska doing going into the season related to injuries? Also, top 3 threads trending on here are all football related. Means we're getting close to watching the fellas playing games. We've got the usual number of injuries in Athens coming out of camp, and the usual amount of freakouts over injuries so another sign season starts in a little over a week there.
Been a great run to cap off our offseason national championship. We've got a handful of injuries that will hamper us a bit during the games, but I expect them to all be healed up in time for our next offseason run.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Great question. Is there a chance it doesn’t get decided before the season starts?
I’m guessing its already been denied and we then appealed again and are now waiting on that? Idk.

I would think the NCAA would have to make a decision before the season starts.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great question. Is there a chance it doesn’t get decided before the season starts?
Noah Vedral's sat on someone's desk and Nebraska got the approval what like 4-5 weeks jntk the season?

There's no timeline on this stuff and the NCAA rules w no regard to the actual season dates. Which is bizarre for an org who always operates "in the best interest of the student athlete"

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Noah Vedral's sat on someone's desk and Nebraska got the approval what like 4-5 weeks jntk the season?

There's no timeline on this stuff and the NCAA rules w no regard to the actual season dates. Which is bizarre for an org who always operates "in the best interest of the student athlete"
Feels like the NCAA denying all of these waivers is petty. It’s their way of sticking it to the man on their way out the door into irrelevance.

They have never ever been about the student athletes best interest which is hilarious considering its their motto

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

I'm pretty sure Vedral's waiver was a case of someone in NU's compliance department dropping the ball

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Feels like the NCAA denying all of these waivers is petty. It’s their way of sticking it to the man on their way out the door into irrelevance.

They have never ever been about the student athletes best interest which is hilarious considering its their motto
I think in some cases it is the previous school being petty though.

In Gilbert's case, apparently both UGA and LSU have to sign off on it (that they endorse the waiver). The Tater crew is speculating that the delay here is due to one of those schools being difficult.

But again I don't think anyone knows for sure what's going on in this case.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I think in some cases it is the previous school being petty though.

In Gilbert's case, apparently both UGA and LSU have to sign off on it (that they endorse the waiver). The Tater crew is speculating that the delay here is due to one of those schools being difficult.

But again I don't think anyone knows for sure what's going on in this case.
If that’s the case id go public with that and put some pressure on the other school

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds