Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wiltfong CBs Ethan Nation to Huskers, predicts top 25 class finish (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska pushing for a Top 25 recruiting class​

BySTEVE WILTFONG 115 minutes ago

Matt Rhule and Nebraska are looking to move into the Top25 of the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings with a couple key prospects still in play in the 2023 cycle.

One of them is Roswell (Ga.) High defensive back Ethan Nation who had a terrific visit with his mother to Lincoln the weekend of Dec. 16. Heading into a college decision at the Under Armour All-American game on Jan. 2, the Huskers look like the one to beat.

With that, I’ve logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Nebraska.

Nation isn’t the only Nebraska target slated to announce a decision at the Under Armour game. IMG Academy edge Cameron Lenhardt is also set to take the stage and Nebraska is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for him as well.

If Rhule and his staff can secure verbals from both of them, they’d rise to No. 25 in the 247Sports Standings.

Nation has been a talented two-way player for one of the Peach State’s top high school programs, racking up 14 receiving scores and 12 interceptions over the last three seasons.

Nebraska currently has 21 commits in the 2023 class.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Are Blue Balls going to become a thing? If so you can keep them, I don’t need to participate in them
why are you here go away GIF by American Gods

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Blue Balls = Not N.

Example: I've got my Blue Balls in for Raiola

Corns Balls = N

Example: I've got my Corn Balls in for Carter Nelson
Too complicated. Life was easier and simpler to comprehend when Roz's "bones would ache". Truly all we needed to know.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
N

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – One of the most scholarship decorated players in the 2023 class, the recruiting journey for Georgia cornerback

Ethan Nation has come to an end. The three-star from Roswell High School has signed but has not announced which school he will be balling with next season. That announcement is coming on Tuesday, Jan. 3, during the Under Armour Next All-American Game.

Nation covers his top-four ahead of his announcement.

Asked which schools were in the running, Nation replied, “Nebraska, Ohio State, Auburn, and Houston.

THE BREAKDOWN

Houston:
“I like their coaching staff a lot. They are young, they are hungry to eat. And I like what they are doing there. I have talked to some of their players; they were telling me about their system saying you will go in three years and three out.”

Auburn: “Close to home, I grew up in Alabama, it has been a dream to play at Auburn, and you get to go against the best in the SEC.”

Ohio State: “It is a big school. A lot of people call them “DBU” (Defensive Back University). If I go there, I would have a good chance of going to the league.”

Nebraska: “I like how they are coming on the map because of their new coaching staff. They will have a lot of buzz on them because they are a professional staff going to the college level. That will be exciting to see how that plays out.”

The final decision was an easy one for Nation.

“It was really easy,” Nation said. “They flew me out, they showed me that they needed me and wanted me, and it was pretty simple for me. They showed me that they weren’t going to BS me. If I go there and put in the hard work, it was going to go off.”

NOTES FROM THE INTERVIEW

Nation spoke about the new staff at Nebraska and the relationship built before the Early Signing Period began.

“I usually ask people who have been coached by them previously. With coach (Matt) Rhule being with the Panthers, I trained with some guys that were with the Panthers. I picked their brains. I talked to JT (Ibe) about their coaching because coach Rhule was with them and coach (Evan) Cooper, and their strength coach was with the Panthers as well. I was just picking the brains of the professional guys to see how they deciphered them from the professional level to college.”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds