Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

who among you believed when Raiola went UGA that we'd end up with an Elite 11 finalist at QB? (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone who thought Dylan was ever coming here is a crazy person.
Phil Hartman Yes GIF

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I must admit that I thought after the Huffman interview that we had a legit shot at DK. I was surprised at how quickly he switched and I had no idea he would be considered for Elite 11.

All of this has been a pleasant surprise.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I just finally watched his highlights for the first time and was happily surprised by a couple of things. His footwork looks good and feet are always moving, his ability to throw on the run and he looks more athletic than I thought he would be. He won't be a runner but should be able to move around in the pocket and scramble for a first down here and there. Think we might have gotten a good one.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Decided to watch his highlight film on Hudl from his junior year. 3:30 mark of the film is when I was impressed. I mean the 3 minutes and 29 seconds before that you can tell he's a D1 kid. Good size, good touch on the ball. But he is throwing to kids that are very talented as well and it's just down field throws. But at 3:30 he rips it to a kid on a 15 yard out cut. It's to the short side, not anything wild like to the other boundary, but tight window, well timed. Big boy throw. He does it again at 4:18 albeit from his backfoot which you don't love and again right after it. And then I think his best throw is at 4:36. Comeback from the opposite hash, on time. A lot of QBs can throw it to open receivers sprinting down field. Not many QBs can make that throw. So much so that you rarely even have to game plan at the high school level for a kid to stay in the pocket and make throws from the opposite hash to the boundary 10-15 yards down field (You also don't have a lot of WR that will run that post comeback either). And that's what makes him a Power 5 kid. At the 5:39 he throws a 15 yard out cut on time. 5:46 does it again. I really like this kid.

Love his timing. It reflects someone who puts in a lot of work with his WR.

And this kid doesn't always throw to his first option. That's the other thing you worry about. He has WRs better than most teams can cover. So is he just catching the snap and locking into 1 kid running wide open. There's a few times on film he gets all the way back to the other side or at least halfway back to find a 3rd option. And good on his coaches for getting him to that point. Even though he won't be a runner at the Power 5 level, he could take off at the high school level and get yards. They have him hanging in there and making throws.

No doubt power 5 kid. Maybe doesn't have the arm strength of some of the top kids. Definitely doesn't have the mobility of some of the top kids. But looks like he rips it well enough and looks like a kid that will stand in the pocket and make some passes after option 1 isn't open. And a smart kid that puts in work outside of normal practice time.

I bet he gets a 4th star.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Decided to watch his highlight film on Hudl from his junior year. 3:30 mark of the film is when I was impressed. I mean the 3 minutes and 29 seconds before that you can tell he's a D1 kid. Good size, good touch on the ball. But he is throwing to kids that are very talented as well and it's just down field throws. But at 3:30 he rips it to a kid on a 15 yard out cut. It's to the short side, not anything wild like to the other boundary, but tight window, well timed. Big boy throw. He does it again at 4:18 albeit from his backfoot which you don't love and again right after it. And then I think his best throw is at 4:36. Comeback from the opposite hash, on time. A lot of QBs can throw it to open receivers sprinting down field. Not many QBs can make that throw. So much so that you rarely even have to game plan at the high school level for a kid to stay in the pocket and make throws from the opposite hash to the boundary 10-15 yards down field (You also don't have a lot of WR that will run that post comeback either). And that's what makes him a Power 5 kid. At the 5:39 he throws a 15 yard out cut on time. 5:46 does it again. I really like this kid.

Love his timing. It reflects someone who puts in a lot of work with his WR.

And this kid doesn't always throw to his first option. That's the other thing you worry about. He has WRs better than most teams can cover. So is he just catching the snap and locking into 1 kid running wide open. There's a few times on film he gets all the way back to the other side or at least halfway back to find a 3rd option. And good on his coaches for getting him to that point. Even though he won't be a runner at the Power 5 level, he could take off at the high school level and get yards. They have him hanging in there and making throws.

No doubt power 5 kid. Maybe doesn't have the arm strength of some of the top kids. Definitely doesn't have the mobility of some of the top kids. But looks like he rips it well enough and looks like a kid that will stand in the pocket and make some passes after option 1 isn't open. And a smart kid that puts in work outside of normal practice time.

I bet he gets a 4th star.

Great summation brother

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
I posted this over on Tater Island a week or so ago just before the commit - I think after he decommitted from Missouri:

“Looking at the QB rankings is interesting. Puglisi is #20 and the second to last 4-star. McLellan is #23 and Kaelin #27. Adrian Posse is the last 5.7 3-star at #33. So Kaelin is truly a borderline 4-star. If he has a good year he could make a jump to a 4-star for sure.”

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Highly regarded QB recruits are all a crapshoot, with a significant number bombing out. But it’s still better to have a guy that merits the honor than not in terms of chances of success.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds