Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the Buffs are Saying (Huge Fags)

lee_carvallo_12

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
tPB OG
From 247 Buff Stampede

Pro Scouts Take on buffs

My buddy had dinner with a pro scout (I think eagles) who has been up to Boulder this fall.

He said the skill positions are as good as any college team he has seen. Including multiple pro type guys on both side of the ball.

He also said the OL is going to struggle. Did not look cohesive, especially right side of the line. Doesn’t think they will be any better than last year on pass protection. Said Seaton will be a stud eventually.

I am very curious to see the OL play. Starting to hear not so great reports. And the only time we have seen them in open practice they really struggled albeit vanilla stuff.

Also I think we have a top 4 DL in the Big 12. So I hope that helps train the Oline!

Way to make all of our boners go limp hours before the season kicks off

There is a ton riding on Loadholt to bring this group together, and that feels a risky proposition for a first-time OL coach.

• Replacing 5 starters
  • New OC
  • First time OL coach, with nothing more than an Analyst background (and a strong playing career).
I do like the pieces they brought in (particularly at Guard) so at least he should have some options to work with.

Last edited:
Thread is GREAT. Most have the Buffs 10-2 or better. Some as top 4 seed in the playoffs. This is not satire.

What are your season predictions and conference predictions?
Regular season

Max 12-0

Min 8-4

Potential losses Confidence over 50% to 69%: UCF, Nebraska, OK State, Colorado State.

Confidence over 70%: The others.

I think we have at least 5 guys on offense that are getting drafted next year ($2, Will Sheppard, LaJohntay Wester, Tyler Johnson, Tyler Brown) with Jimmy Horn and Kahlil Benson being guys I could also see getting drafted. We have future draft picks like Hank, O. Miller, Seaton, Timmons, probably Mikkel and Dre Miller end up being guys that turn into NFL guys, not to mention if the backups on the O-Line develop.

On Defense we have at least 5 guys that are going to get drafted next year (Hunter, Preston, Shiloh, BJ Green, Hayes) and several that could be in the mix next year if things break right with Chidoze, Taurean Carter, Bentley, Woods, Silmon-Craig.

I want someone to name another roster in the B12 that has more legit 2025 NFL draft picks than we do. I'll wait...

10-2 possibly 11-1.

In the conference championship game. In the CFP playoff.

Last edited:
From 247 Buff Stampede

Pro Scouts Take on buffs

My buddy had dinner with a pro scout (I think eagles) who has been up to Boulder this fall.

He said the skill positions are as good as any college team he has seen. Including multiple pro type guys on both side of the ball.

He also said the OL is going to struggle. Did not look cohesive, especially right side of the line. Doesn’t think they will be any better than last year on pass protection. Said Seaton will be a stud eventually.

I am very curious to see the OL play. Starting to hear not so great reports. And the only time we have seen them in open practice they really struggled albeit vanilla stuff.
Rivers Cuomo GIF by Fall Out Boy

MSN

Threat is GREAT. Most have the Buffs 10-2 or better. Some as top 4 seed in the playoffs. This is not satire.

Regular season

Max 12-0

Min 8-4

Potential losses Confidence over 50% to 69%: UCF, Nebraska, OK State, Colorado State.

I think we have at least 5 guys on offense that are getting drafted next year ($2, Will Sheppard, LaJohntay Wester, Tyler Johnson, Tyler Brown) with Jimmy Horn and Kahlil Benson being guys I could also see getting drafted. We have future draft picks like Hank, O. Miller, Seaton, Timmons, probably Mikkel and Dre Miller end up being guys that turn into NFL guys, not to mention if the backups on the O-Line develop.

On Defense we have at least 5 guys that are going to get drafted next year (Hunter, Preston, Shiloh, BJ Green, Hayes) and several that could be in the mix next year if things break right with Chidoze, Taurean Carter, Bentley, Woods, Silmon-Craig.

I want someone to name another roster in the B12 that has more legit 2025 NFL draft picks than we do. I'll wait...

10-2 possibly 11-1.

LOL, that's great, hard to understand how they believe it. Going to crush the poor dude as the season happens.

Threat is GREAT. Most have the Buffs 10-2 or better. Some as top 4 seed in the playoffs. This is not satire.

Regular season

Max 12-0

Min 8-4

10-2 possibly 11-1.

rick james cocaine GIF

lol the only schools who had more than 10 drafts picks in last years draft were Michigan and texas (13 an 11).
These dumbasses have no idea how college football works.
Well, yeah. That's why it's so easy to pick Colorado at 10-2 or better and in the playoffs, what with all that talent.
😉

10-2 possibly 11-1.

Their top WR last season, Weaver, didn't get drafted this year. They are so out of touch.

I'm not gonna lie they still scare me a little bit. Every single year I've thought we should win and every single year we haven't, with last year being a blowout.

We should be a lot better but they should be a bit better too

I didn't think Nebraska would win in 2018 and I didn't think Nebraska had any chance last season.

- In 2018, CU had a veteran team with an established coaching staff. They also had two legit All-Americans on both sides of the ball. The Huskers were forced to play game one with a new QB and a new regime in that situation.
- Last season I didn't think Nebraska could win because of Jeff Sims.

But I sure as hell thought Nebraska should've beaten them back in 2019. My God that was one of Scott Frost's worst coached games.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back