Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wednesday Run the Damn Ball Thread (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Here’s Colorado getting deep dicked by split zone.

We ran a bit of this against Minnesota. A good constraint play off of this is for the TE who kicks that LB or DE out to leak into the flat and give the QB an easy pitch and catch. TCU did quite a bit of that as well with Wiley who Colorado had worlds of trouble on.

This is simply not a good defense from an assignment point, to a fundamental football point, and finally outside of one player a talent standpoint. This defense is ripe ass hole.

Attachments

• IMG_2633.png
    IMG_2633.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2634.png
    IMG_2634.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2636.png
    IMG_2636.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2637.png
    IMG_2637.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2638.png
    IMG_2638.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2639.png
    IMG_2639.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 70

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

I watched this again and was just blown away by Corcoran not blocking a single person the entire game. That sumbitch is terrifuckingbad. You just can't beat quality opponents when your weak links are that goddamn weak. He will without a doubt be the worst OL on the field on Saturday.

Also, Ervin runs so much slower than his 40 time.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I watched this again and was just blown away by Corcoran not blocking a single person the entire game. That sumbitch is terrifuckingbad. You just can't beat quality opponents when your weak links are that goddamn weak. He will without a doubt be the worst OL on the field on Saturday.

Cork missed quite a few where everybody did their job but him and it really hurt. We left some big time runs on the table.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

It's going to be bad, Rhule already commented that the CU edges are "twitchy". I don't know if it will be any better but maybe they can finally get some reps from Teddy P if can stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. If not, they might have to go with Gottula for a series or two to see what he's got.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It's going to be bad, Rhule already commented that the CU edges are "twitchy". I don't know if it will be any better but maybe they can finally get some reps from Teddy P if can stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. If not, they might have to go with Gottula for a series or two to see what he's got.

He said that and I’m trying to figure out which ones he’s talking about. Colorado recorded zero sacks and zero TFLs on Saturday.

That’s actually tough to do. Especially against an offense only returning 3 starters from 2022 and breaking in a new OC.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

He looked pretty good when he can fire off the ball & into a D-lineman. Struggled with getting any kind of solid contact on linebackers or DBs when climbing to the second level or his assignment leaves him with the sealing the LB to set the edge. Had a mix of some good pass pro plays, and some bad whiffs.

Overall looks a bit better than last year, IMO. A guard playing tackle, but I thought his tape was mediocre, not terrible.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
He looked pretty good when he can fire off the ball & into a D-lineman. Struggled with getting any kind of solid contact on linebackers or DBs when climbing to the second level or his assignment leaves him with the sealing the LB to set the edge. Had a mix of some good pass pro plays, and some bad whiffs.

Overall looks a bit better than last year, IMO. A guard playing tackle, but I thought his tape was mediocre, not terrible.
Man, I wish that were the case....but he got beat like a drum and looked soft when trying to run block. There was no fire off the line and into a DL.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
He said that and I’m trying to figure out which ones he’s talking about. Colorado recorded zero sacks and zero TFLs on Saturday.

That’s actually tough to do. Especially against an offense only returning 3 starters from 2022 and breaking in a new OC.

I think there's a lot of gamesmanship going on by Rhule. He stated that he thought they should be a top 10 team in the country. He's gone out of his way to give over the top compliments. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to overinflate egos, get players to read their press clippings, get them inundated with interview requests. Any little thing that can take their focus away from game prep.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Man, I wish that were the case....but he got beat like a drum and looked soft when trying to run block. There was no fire off the line and into a DL.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think there's a lot of gamesmanship going on by Rhule. He stated that he thought they should be a top 10 team in the country. He's gone out of his way to give over the top compliments. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to overinflate egos, get players to read their press clippings, get them inundated with interview requests. Any little thing that can take their focus away from game prep.
If you watch Tony White’s segment last night, he essentially was doing the same thing -complimented their speed and Sanders.

Even when asked about CU’s scheme and even TCU’s, he could have poked holes in either of them but, again, went the complimentary route instead.

Benning has said repeatedly this week that their mesh complex isn’t all that complex.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I tried watching this only watching Corcoran. I didn't even finish the first drive. We might be better off with a TE playing that spot.
First drive he had multiple LB assignments. Probably his worst look. There was an adjustment after that, and he didn't have nearly as many the rest of the game. Possibly an Uncle Donny/Satt adjustment.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

it's actually amazing how bad he is at blocking. sometimes he'll whiff entirely, while others he just gets manhandled. on some plays he looks like he doesn't even know he's supposed to be blocking

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds