Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Was #2ndChoice waiting around for the Nebraska job, just in case ? (1 Viewer)

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Or was it just a coincidence that Wisconsin announced #2ndChoice the day after Rhule was announced to NU ?

I remember reading that our search firm was prepared to go after #2ndChoice as a Plan B if the Rhule negotiations blew up .. It's also interesting how #2ndChoice is being paid approximately 2 million less per year than Rhule .. Maybe #2ndChoice knew we were going to pay more and preferred the NU job more and decided to wait. Plus Wisconsin isn't big into NIL ..

I'm glad we have Rhule, I am just curious how this all went down ..

Last edited:

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It will be real interesting to see if Wisky can hang on to Leonhard .. I wonder if Leonhard has any animosity toward Wisconsin that he didn't get the head job ..

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Well, maybe Leonhard can head to Auburn or Colorado as a DC and probably get paid more. But truth be told, he'll probably stay there, maybe take a demotion since he's loyal to the school.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Well, maybe Leonhard can head to Auburn or Colorado as a DC and probably get paid more. But truth be told, he'll probably stay there, maybe take a demotion since he's loyal to the school.
I think you're on to something with the first part. He should follow the Aranda model.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

That would be so fucking hard. If I were him, I don't think I could stomach that scenario.

I'd rather aim for a job in the B1G where you could shovel the shit back into Wisconsin's face. I guess we'll see how petty he is.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Actually, I can see him going to Northwestern since they just fired their DC today.

Ha ha. We just posted similar ideas at almost the same time.

If he wants to stick it to Wiscy, interview at Northwestern. Kind of sad that the divisions are going away.

klrgumby

Linebacker
The only way I see him staying is the fact #2ndChoice literally fell into the same situation as him at his alma mater. He can help navigate it more than someone else or have more feelings towards it than anyone else because of it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds