Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB App on IOS/Android

HuskerGarrett

A different animal and the same beast
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hey,

I have been experimenting with getting us an app with push notifications. I currently have an app set up through Tapatalk. If you are interested, would you mind downloading the app and letting me know what you think? If you guys like it, we can create our own standalone app instead of going through the Tapatalk one.

To get our app, you need to download the free Tapatalk app from the IOS App Store or the Google Play Store. Once you go into the app, search for "Platinum Board" and we should be the first one to pop up. You can subscribe to the forum and turn on push notifications from there. It is pretty user friendly, you should be able to do everything through that app that you would normally do online.

IOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

Let me know what you think!

I like the idea. Just downloaded it. Initial reactions, the push notifications are really cool. I have already received a couple about people replying to some threads. I think I like how the mobile site looks better though, so I may keep the app installed for the notifications, but just use my browser for actual viewing.

Hey,

I have been experimenting with getting us an app with push notifications. I currently have an app set up through Tapatalk. If you are interested, would you mind downloading the app and letting me know what you think? If you guys like it, we can create our own standalone app instead of going through the Tapatalk one.

To get our app, you need to download the free Tapatalk app from the IOS App Store or the Google Play Store. Once you go into the app, search for "Platinum Board" and we should be the first one to pop up. You can subscribe to the forum and turn on push notifications from there. It is pretty user friendly, you should be able to do everything through that app that you would normally do online.

IOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

Let me know what you think!
How do I get that for rss?

I like the idea. Just downloaded it. Initial reactions, the push notifications are really cool. I have already received a couple about people replying to some threads. I think I like how the mobile site looks better though, so I may keep the app installed for the notifications, but just use my browser for actual viewing.
I'm actually on the same page. The push notifications are nice but I prefer the regular mobile site

I'm not sure I want push notifications, but I expect they will be optional. The XenForo format seems to be really great on either mobile or for old people like me that prefer a regular web browser to a phone.

My major source of appreciation is that this was only "pinned" at the top of the board for a little while. I was a "thread view" proponent back in the day, but I'm not oldred.

I'm not sure I want push notifications, but I expect they will be optional. The XenForo format seems to be really great on either mobile or for old people like me that prefer a regular web browser to a phone.

My major source of appreciation is that this was only "pinned" at the top of the board for a little while. I was a "thread view" proponent back in the day, but I'm not oldred.
Yeah once I noticed there wasn’t much interest I unpinned it haha. I’m not a huge fan of the app myself.

I'm noticing that Wheeler is posting from tapatalk today, and the formatting and emojis are all fucked up. Is creating a platinum board app in the @HuskerGarrett wheelhouse?

Maybe there is already a XenForo app available out there? I also agree with others that while push notifications would be nice, the mobile experience is better in a regular browser.

I'm noticing that Wheeler is posting from tapatalk today, and the formatting and emojis are all fucked up. Is creating a platinum board app in the @HuskerGarrett wheelhouse?

Maybe there is already a XenForo app available out there? I also agree with others that while push notifications would be nice, the mobile experience is better in a regular browser.
Yeah I actually asked Mike and he said it made him download Tapatalk when he first visited. So I removed that app. I don’t want it forcing new members to download.
I found some companies that make custom Xenforo apps but it’s a little pricey. If it’s something people would use though I’m down. I think $50/month or so was the cost

Yeah I actually asked Mike and he said it made him download Tapatalk when he first visited. So I removed that app. I don’t want it forcing new members to download.
I found some companies that make custom Xenforo apps but it’s a little pricey. If it’s something people would use though I’m down. I think $50/month or so was the cost

Thanks for removing it.

For me, it put a weird tapatalk notification on the bottom of the screen whenever I visited. It could be a discussion on the supporter forum considering the cost.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back