Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tommy Armstrong moves into coaching as OC at North Star (2 Viewers)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Interesting hires all the way around for North Star. Tommy Armstrong as OC, heard Assist AD James Thompson becomes head coach (only coached dline and oline on NS freshman team), Javonte Boyd (played at KSU) is DC, two other Nebraska player hires as WR and RB coaches, not sure on those names. Only Boyd has limited varsity coaching experiences as assistant DC at Northeast, rest have zero varsity and most no coaching experience.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I grew up a Poor
North Star became a school as I was starting HS and we never played them in anything except maybe basketball one time. I’m not even sure if they fielded a baseball team at the time.

Regardless, I just always thought it was odd that I don’t know a single person IRL who went to North Star. I know plenty from all the other Lincoln high schools. I guess it could have something to do with that being the farthest school from where I lived and me leaving the state after I graduated high school.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
North Star became a school as I was starting HS and we never played them in anything except maybe basketball one time. I’m not even sure if they fielded a baseball team at the time.

Regardless, I just always thought it was odd that I don’t know a single person IRL who went to North Star. I know plenty from all the other Lincoln high schools. I guess it could have something to do with that being the farthest school from where I lived and me leaving the state after I graduated high school.

Yeah I was one of the earliest to go all the way through.. didn't hate it but also don't have many lasting memories from high school.

Not knowing anybody from there probably does have a little to do with economic class as well.. really was a lot of @Poor_and_Stupid

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I was one of the earliest to go all the way through.. didn't hate it but also don't have many lasting memories from high school.

Not knowing anybody from there probably does have a little to do with economic class as well.. really was a lot of @Poor_and_Stupid
I honestly didn’t even know that about North Star. Of course a lot of the kids I went to school with thought just about every other school was poor so maybe I had heard it and just disregarded it.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
They went with the recruiting athletes to North Star approach over actual coaching experience.

James Thompson HC - no prior varsity experience, OL/DL on freshman
Tommy Armstrong (Nebraska) OC - no prior coaching experience
Alonzo Moore (Nebraska) - no prior coaching experience
Najee Harris (Lindenwood) - no prior coaching experience
Javonta Boyd (KSU) DC - 2 years DC at Northeast

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
They went with the recruiting athletes to North Star approach over actual coaching experience.

Alonzo Moore, now there’s a name I haven’t seen in awhile

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Speaking from experience...that's usually a disaster

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
A guy a played with in high school, who ended up playing in the league for about 8 years as a DB, came back to be an assistant at our school. Needless to say it was a disaster. He tried to fight the HC and several referees during a game.
Sounds about right

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Hell yea, fuck doane.

But I am rooting for this Tommy to be successful. I don't know that he has much to work with at North Star as far as talent goes, though.

Seniors and juniors not much.

The sophomores won 2 out of 3 Lincoln Youth Football city championships. Freshman won it as 8th graders, and next years freshman won 2 out of 3.

That doesn't include a few who went out of district.

Talking to a few coaches today, after the announcements, they are getting 2 from SE, 1 starter, 1 from High (sounded like stud WR), and a couple from Waverly. Also sounded like there were a bunch of others interested.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds