Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tom Herman sounds like a mega douche

I know someone who is somewhat connected to the Longhorn Program. He said that Hermann didn't have the players sing whatever song they sing, think it is The Eyes of Texas, after a game. And it sat wrong with a few of the bigger boosters. Guess that is tradition there and they felt he was getting away from it. As a Husker Fan I know all too well about how fans feel when you don't follow the traditions. Appears Hermann had more than just that going against him but as we know the Boosters control the check book and if they aren't happy then "Shit Hits the Fan". I don't think many fans realize how much of an affect Boosters can have on decisions by the Athletic Department. My brother worked for the KU Athletic Department and saw it firsthand.

I know someone who is somewhat connected to the Longhorn Program. He said that Hermann didn't have the players sing whatever song they sing, think it is The Eyes of Texas, after a game. And it sat wrong with a few of the bigger boosters. Guess that is tradition there and they felt he was getting away from it. As a Husker Fan I know all too well about how fans feel when you don't follow the traditions. Appears Hermann had more than just that going against him but as we know the Boosters control the check book and if they aren't happy then "Shit Hits the Fan". I don't think many fans realize how much of an affect Boosters can have on decisions by the Athletic Department. My brother worked for the KU Athletic Department and saw it firsthand.
So for us, is it Tom's guys still?

4tfelp.jpg

That was a student body vs old money thing. Racial undertones apparently in the song and the activist student body tried/is trying to get rid of it. Traditionalist (old money) disagrees

I appreciate how these reporters don’t have the balls to report these allegations until after the coach is gone. There is no way if this was going on that they hadn’t heard about it.

I appreciate how these reporters don’t have the balls to report these allegations until after the coach is gone. There is no way if this was going on that they hadn’t heard about it.
Imagine the bravery it takes to write a scathing piece about a head coach and the direction of the program 3 weeks after they were fired. I know I couldn't do it

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back