Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Cock - Purdoodoo

Honest question for you guys: how do you guys explain NFL fans? Most NFL game end up as 3-7 pt games. One team loses because of a dumb mistake quite often. Yet their fans come back every year. Most cities pack their stadiums for .500 level or worse teams.

Why do Cleveland Browns (and 20 other cities) fans happily pay $$$ to go every game to support a .500 team?

We probably have a 7-5 team this year and we got fans going "this is disgraceful"

NFL tickets are expensive as fuck. I don't understand why the fans in Cleveland, Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Houston go back every yr for 9-8 football, yet with a 7-5 team this year our fans are crying "it's too many losses. I'm never going to a game again."

Losing is part of sports. The days of 9-2 every year are gone. It's OK to go support your team when you know they aren't going to win 85% of their games. Most football fans understand this. We actually have a coach that's probably going to get us to probably 70-75% win percentage (which is very good in this era). It amazes me that any NU fan would tap out now. You guys wouldn't make it a day as a Browns, Falcons, Bears, Vikings fan, etc.

There’s tons of parity in the NFL. 9-8 can get you in the playoffs in the NFL. At a minimum you’re still in the playoff hunt until the last week or two of the season. 7-5 isn’t sniffing the playoffs, even in the B1G or SEC.

Parity in college ball has increased and with the 12 team playoff field there’s hope for more teams, but you need a minimum of 9-3 even in the SEC and B1G. Our best team in the post solich era (2009) still wouldn’t have made a 12 team Playoff. That’s the difference IMO.

There’s tons of parity in the NFL. 9-8 can get you in the playoffs in the NFL. At a minimum you’re still in the playoff hunt until the last week or two of the season. 7-5 isn’t sniffing the playoffs, even in the B1G or SEC.

Parity in college ball has increased and with the 12 team playoff field there’s hope for more teams, but you need a minimum of 9-3 even in the SEC and B1G. Our best team in the post solich era (2009) still wouldn’t have made a 12 team Playoff. That’s the difference IMO.
I don't view it that way.

I view it as, NU fans think it's their God-given right to win 85% of their games. Now they are 3-1 with a likely 7-5 or even 8-4 finish still a possibility and some fans are going "I can't take the pain any more."

You lose games in sports. We have a coach that's gonna get us 70-75% wins every year. That's a winning % that most of the world's sports fans would kill for. Now is not the time to abandon ship!

Nebraska will be in the hunt for the 12 team playoff every year (we're actually not eliminated yet this yr believe it or not), just like those NFL teams you mentioned. There's absolutely no reason that Cleveland Browns fans would pack their stadium every yr for that product but some fans on here are "done with it." It's the same thing, it's just one group doesn't think they have a God-given right to win 85% of their games every year.

I definitely won't be watching any "Chasing 3" episodes. Film the next one when they beat a good team.
I'm on the opposite side of this - losing and seeing what that generates & who gets fired up produces more interesting content than a vanilla win over a lower-tier team, IMO.

Plus, will anyone on the OL get their dick sucked?? The suspense is killing me!

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back