Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tecmo Super Bowl - GITT

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Given the Blizzard, I think I will break out my original Nintendo Console, break out a little Old Foerster, and play Tecmo Super Bowl this evening! Was a toss up all day whether it would be that or Sega 'College Footballs National Championship' of which the Huskers are damn good...but my Billy Joe Tolliver/Marion Butts led Chargers are currently 9-3 and poised to win the AFC!

So...with that, who remembers arguably one of the greatest console games ever...Tecmo Super Bowl? Was the second generation Tecmo Bowl game. It featured all NFL teams of 1991, provided 8 plays (up from 4) that you could run, a customizable 8 play playbook, and kept entire season stats.

Players like Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, and Lawrence Taylor were almost unstoppable!

Who was your team? What was your go to play? Hut, hut, hut, hut, hut!

Given the Blizzard, I think I will break out my original Nintendo Console, break out a little Old Foerster, and play Tecmo Super Bowl this evening! Was a toss up all day whether it would be that or Sega 'College Footballs National Championship' of which the Huskers are damn good...but my Billy Joe Tolliver/Marion Butts led Chargers are currently 9-3 and poised to win the AFC!

So...with that, who remembers arguably one of the greatest console games ever...Tecmo Super Bowl? Was the second generation Tecmo Bowl game. It featured all NFL teams of 1991, provided 8 plays (up from 4) that you could run, a customizable 8 play playbook, and kept entire season stats.

Players like Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, and Lawrence Taylor were almost unstoppable!

Who was your team? What was your go to play? Hut, hut, hut, hut, hut!

I was always the Browns. It was the only way I could get them to Super Bowl.

Also, I used "Auto Skip" the season for about 6-7 games, and then I would select a team that only had 1-2 wins and take over control of that team and get them into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. It's still an amazing game and so much fun to play.

I was always the Browns. It was the only way I could get them to Super Bowl.

Also, I used "Auto Skip" the season for about 6-7 games, and then I would select a team that only had 1-2 wins and take over control of that team and get them into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. It's still an amazing game and so much fun to play.
Super fun...similarly have taken about 8/9 different teams to the super bowl...

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back