Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

On3: Mike Matya has passed away

I just saw Mongo (I think it was) on ON3 say it may have been from the waist down, not neck down. Sounds like Matya dove into a pool in shallow water and broke his back years ago and this stemmed from complications from that. Just passing on what I read elsewhere, have no personal info on it.

I just saw Mongo (I think it was) on ON3 say it may have been from the waist down, not neck down. Sounds like Matya dove into a pool in shallow water and broke his back years ago and this stemmed from complications from that. Just passing on what I read elsewhere, have no personal info on it.
I double checked and Sean’s message to me does say neck down. Definitely could have been a typo or a mistake though. Regardless, I’ll definitely be praying for his family.

I double checked and Sean’s message to me does say neck down. Definitely could have been a typo or a mistake though. Regardless, I’ll definitely be praying for his family.

Neck down would be horrible. Waist down almost - I can't imagine living under those circumstances. IDK any specifics, just saw (I think) Mongo, could have been someone else who would know (RRT or another former Rivals mod) post it was waist down not neck down. Immaterial now, unfortunately. RIP Mike.

Holy shit I had no idea about any health issues. Was that a recent thing or had he been paralyzed all along?

Awful news for his friends and family 🙁

I believe it happened in a swimming pool accident when he was much younger.

1658800896662.png

1658800924028.png

Praying_Emoji_60x60.png

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back