Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Talk’n Deer Hunting

Thriller Murder GIF by ZEE5

animal cruelty i love animals GIF by Chippy the Dog

View attachment 41093
View attachment 41094
View attachment 41095
A couple kills and one I’m hoping to see again this year.
I had to do a sled drag last year with my son on a smaller buck he took opening day of archery season last year ... in 90 degree heat. I'll never do that again. Got a deer cart instead. Imma roll that dead stuff out this year (and beyond).

Got our tree stand up on Monday for the season. Based on the game cam I've had in the area for a couple of months, it's hovering over a "honey hole" sleeping bed area. Can't wait to get out and spend some time with my son in the great outdoors again this year.

I had to do a sled drag last year with my son on a smaller buck he took opening day of archery season last year ... in 90 degree heat. I'll never do that again. Got a deer cart instead. Imma roll that dead stuff out this year (and beyond).

Got our tree stand up on Monday for the season. Based on the game cam I've had in the area for a couple of months, it's hovering over a "honey hole" sleeping bed area. Can't wait to get out and spend some time with my son in the great outdoors again this year.
That bottom pic was a 14 pointer I had to drag up from a small island under the overpass. All along the under part and side of that overpass were rocks covered in about 3 foot tall weeds. It was a nightmare..

My office building in Omaha is close to a lake that has a trail around it. Deer around it all the time, and they barely even react to humans. I could probably walk up to one & take it down with a vulcan neck pinch. Hope this helps.
Please post a video of your attempt

That bottom pic was a 14 pointer I had to drag up from a small island under the overpass. All along the under part and side of that overpass were rocks covered in about 3 foot tall weeds. It was a nightmare..
Should have just cut its head off and left the rest for the coyotes.

I killed this SOB at about 10 yards. A pack of six Walker dogs was burning his ass up. He was so close the entry wound from the 00 buck was the size of a golf ball. Yes, this is legal in Georgia and other southern states.

IMG_4333.jpeg

The chances of ever killing a better deer in the south is zero.

I’m at 13 years straight of getting a 4x4 or better buck in archery season and have never picked up a rifle.

This years going to be tough, my freezer is still packed with venison so I’m only doing public land Muley hunts in Nebraska which is not an easy hunt. Excited to get out there

I’m at 13 years straight of getting a 4x4 or better buck in archery season and have never picked up a rifle.

This years going to be tough, my freezer is still packed with venison so I’m only doing public land Muley hunts in Nebraska which is not an easy hunt. Excited to get out there
IL has single shot rifle now on gun weekends, but being out of state, I’d likely not get one when applying, but haven’t hunted with a gun in years.
I won’t know how much freezer space I have until after the MT elk trip (also bow).

I'm with ya. I won't shoot one with a rifle. I might shoot one with a muzzle loader at some point, but not a rifle. Shot an elk with a rifle years ago. Haven't shot an animal with it since. Archery only.

Last edited:

Started hunting on the ground stalking/still hunting only with a single shot rifle a few years back. It’s hard to sneak up on a deer in the woods around here. The line of sight might be 50 yards. I finally started getting the hang of it when health problems ended my hunting for good. Was going to switch to a single shot pistol the year I fell apart.

Started hunting on the ground stalking/still hunting only with a single shot rifle a few years back. It’s hard to sneak up on a deer in the woods around here. The line of sight might be 50 yards. I finally started getting the hang of it when health problems ended my hunting for good. Was going to switch to a single shot pistol the year I fell apart.
Freight Pimp - who’d you work for? I’m an old ABF’er.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back