Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Suppressors

Huskerbuck85

Quarterback
Elite Member
Anyone here have a favorite. I’m currently looking at Silencer Central’s Banish 30.

I’m a little concerned tho as the baffles look like those on some of the “fuel filters” and I wasn’t impressed with those.

I’m no help with guns. Have never owned one. Keep telling myself I’m going to go take classes to get comfortable enough to own one. But I never do it

I've only got one (ZEV 9mm Kraken), and wish I had all of my firearms suppressed. Its soooooo stupid that this isn't as widely adopted and encouraged in the US as it is in other parts of the world.

FWIW, it's currently mounted on an S&W M&P .22 LR rifle, and works great. You can shoot smaller boolits through it; just not bigger ones. Duh.

Last edited:
I've only got one (ZEV 9mm Kracken), and wish I had all of my firearms suppressed. Its soooooo stupid that this isn't as widely adopted and encouraged in the US as it is in other parts of the world.

FWIW, it's currently mounding on an S&W M&P .22 LR rifle, and works great. You can shoot smaller boolits through it; just not bigger ones. Duh.
I agree with you. It’s amazing how easy it is on the ears. I’m looking for one to shoot on my Rem 700 .308 and will also use on my Black Rain .223

SAS Arbiter, I've shot pry pushing 100 different suppressors and bang for your buck I would put this one at the top. Thunderbeast are great but a few hundred dollars more. Are you looking to target shoot with it or hunt? If you're going to be hunting you definitely want to go titanium and keep it light and short, it sucks hiking the mountains with 10" and an extra 2 pounds sticking off the front of your barrel.

SAS Arbiter, I've shot pry pushing 100 different suppressors and bang for your buck I would put this one at the top. Thunderbeast are great but a few hundred dollars more. Are you looking to target shoot with it or hunt? If you're going to be hunting you definitely want to go titanium and keep it light and short, it sucks hiking the mountains with 10" and an extra 2 pounds sticking off the front of your barrel.
I’ll have to look those up. I’ll be hunting. Target only for fun. A friend of mine was going to buy the thunderbeast but went with trash panda due to availability. I’ve shot it and it’s nice. This weekend he purchased a silencer central at the deer expo in Lincoln. It’s 7” with a 2” extension available. Titanium and 2 ounces lighter than his panda with a smaller diameter. SC sells you the suppressor, sells you the tax stamp, sets up the trust for free and can do it all through the mail.
the one thing that worries me is that the baffles look identical to the fuel filters online and I’m not impressed with those. Should I assume the suppressor does a much better job of suppressing?

I’ll have to look those up. I’ll be hunting. Target only for fun. A friend of mine was going to buy the thunderbeast but went with trash panda due to availability. I’ve shot it and it’s nice. This weekend he purchased a silencer central at the deer expo in Lincoln. It’s 7” with a 2” extension available. Titanium and 2 ounces lighter than his panda with a smaller diameter. SC sells you the suppressor, sells you the tax stamp, sets up the trust for free and can do it all through the mail.
the one thing that worries me is that the baffles look identical to the fuel filters online and I’m not impressed with those. Should I assume the suppressor does a much better job of suppressing?

I don't know much about the fuel filter suppressors to be honest. Generally speaking I have learned that the quality and price point go have in hand. I've seen some great looking budget suppressors have baffle strikes and that's a disaster and the smaller budget companies don't always have the best customer service. With the length of the wait I just don't know if it's worth the risk. I have a arbiter sitting in purgatory right now and am really hoping that I get it before I deploy this fall.

Those extendable suppressors are very intriguing, I haven't gotten to shoot one yet but can't wait to get my hands on one to test.

Those extendable suppressors are very intriguing, I haven't gotten to shoot one yet but can't wait to get my hands on one to test.

take a look at that if you have time. It’s the one in my mind. I watched the video and it sounded louder than I would like but that’s probably just the camera picking the noise up better than the human ear. Also seemed like there was recoil when shooting the AR-10 in the video. The trash panda I shot this weekend on a 6.5 left zero recoil and the deer ran toward me which was cool.
good luck landing yours before you deploy and before I forget to say it, thank you for your service and God bless and protect you while you’re doing the same for us.

I don't know much about the fuel filter suppressors to be honest. Generally speaking I have learned that the quality and price point go have in hand. I've seen some great looking budget suppressors have baffle strikes and that's a disaster and the smaller budget companies don't always have the best customer service. With the length of the wait I just don't know if it's worth the risk. I have a arbiter sitting in purgatory right now and am really hoping that I get it before I deploy this fall.
Loomie - Doesn't the gubmint provide you guys with suppressed equipment for field use? Or is this can for your personal use (e.g. deer hunting) when you return?

The "fuel filter" suppressors originated when a guy made a threaded adapter that allowed anyone to twist an actual fuel filter onto the end of their barrel. Surprisingly effective at noise suppression, but there's obviously a sighting and balance issue with that big blob hanging there. Anyway, in their attempt to reign in this McGuyver'd solution from circumnavigating the ATF Tax Stamp encumbrance, the ATF - in their infinite wisdom - assigned Tax Stamp status to the adapter. You can buy one online for $40, but it requires a Tax Stamp to legally own and use. No shit.

iu

iu

Others are making them out of in-line fuel filter parts:

aem_high_flow_fuel_filter_small.jpg

American ingenuity, or idjuts?

Regardless (as noted above), thanks for what you do to protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic.

Last edited:

take a look at that if you have time. It’s the one in my mind. I watched the video and it sounded louder than I would like but that’s probably just the camera picking the noise up better than the human ear. Also seemed like there was recoil when shooting the AR-10 in the video. The trash panda I shot this weekend on a 6.5 left zero recoil and the deer ran toward me which was cool.
good luck landing yours before you deploy and before I forget to say it, thank you for your service and God bless and protect you while you’re doing the same for us.

I will take a look and try and ask around for anyone who has used one and get some feedback. Recoil reduction is a huge benefit of all suppressors, they all help so much I've never shot one and noticed that it kicked more than another. If you've never shot a suppressed AR be aware that it causes some blowback into your face through the ejection port due to the back pressure build up. They all do and some are worse than others but still way better than not having a can on.

And thank you I truly appreciate the support!

Loomie - Doesn't the gubmint provide you guys with suppressed equipment for field use? Or is this can for your personal use (e.g. deer hunting) when you return?

The "fuel filter" suppressors originated when a guy made a threaded adapter that allowed anyone to twist an actual fuel filter onto the end of their barrel. Surprisingly effective at noise suppression, but there's obviously a sighting and balance issue with that big blob hanging there. Anyway, in their attempt to reign in this McGuyver'd solution from circumnavigating the ATF Tax Stamp encumbrance, the ATF - in their infinite wisdom - assigned Tax Stamp status to the adapter. You can buy one online for $40, but it requires a Tax Stamp to legally own and use. No shit.

iu

iu

Others are making them out of in-line fuel filter parts:

aem_high_flow_fuel_filter_small.jpg

American ingenuity, or idjuts?

Regardless (as noted above), thanks for what you do to protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic.
Yea depending on the mission requirements they would, I've never been on a mission that required one though. This will be for personal use, it makes target practice so much more enjoyable and is nice when hunting.

I've seen the oil can suppressors before but have no experience with them and I at least fancy myself as a marksman and don't want something that will impact my accuracy. And again thank you for your support I truly appreciate it!

I will take a look and try and ask around for anyone who has used one and get some feedback. Recoil reduction is a huge benefit of all suppressors, they all help so much I've never shot one and noticed that it kicked more than another. If you've never shot a suppressed AR be aware that it causes some blowback into your face through the ejection port due to the back pressure build up. They all do and some are worse than others but still way better than not having a can on.

And thank you I truly appreciate the support!
Sounds great, thank you! I look forward to hearing back from you. I did shoot an AR with one years ago but do not remember what it was like. Obviously not enough to affect me I guess. I’ve stood next to a few ARs with breaks and boy is that a mistake. I’ll take a little blowback over that any day.
ps. Hell of a buck in your profile pic! Congrats on that bad boy. Only whitetails my way unfortunately but love hunting them!!!

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back