Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Suh (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
dusty rhodes GIF

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
This will probably sound pretty dumb but I'm gonna share it anyway.

Suh was senior at Nebby when I was a senior in HS. We had a really good team and I didn't really fit in anywhere. For all of HS I'd been playing on the line, usually tackle and DE because I was bigger than everybody else. Junior/senior year is when everybody kind of caught up. So here I am an athletic 6' 185 soaking wet (all conference track athlete in the jumps and 400) (and a 24 second 200 guy) (not to brag of course), and they had to put me somewhere. Ended up playing DT. Rest of the guys on our DL were 6'1-6'4 and the smallest guy was 230. Had no fucking clue what I was doing. This was right before Suh really popped onto the national radar and then a few weeks in I started watching him and only him. Then I went and watched highlights of his and tried to mimic his technique as best as I could. Eventually I figured it out and ended up having an awesome season and was able to hold my own against guys that ended up playing at Nebraska. All credit to Suh.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Why didn't they put you at LB? That's the dumb part iyam.

I probably should have been there from the start and if we were a bigger school I probably would have been. But it was Class B and we needed the 'biggest' kids on the line so I was on the line from the start. But were returning both outside backers and one middle backer from the year before and I'd never played middle backer before and that isn't something you learn overnight.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Ok, who is going to break it to him about the whole "Top 5 Engineering School" thing...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds