Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

SMU - Double Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter

BTW, how is anything illegal in NCAA sports anymore? I thought you could do whatever you want and just call it NIL?

NCAA probably wouldn't do anything, but the IRS, that's a whole different ballpark. Once they go through your financials for investigation, they'll get their money and hand shit over to the FBI for charges.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
NCAA probably wouldn't do anything, but the IRS, that's a whole different ballpark. Once they go through your financials for investigation, they'll get their money and hand shit over to the FBI for charges.
SMU reports massive tax deductible donations from big boosters that never happened to paper some shady shit?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
SMU reports massive tax deductible donations from big boosters that never happened to paper some shady shit?
The only reason I can think of to explain why the IRS would be interested in SMU would be something that endangered its non-profit status. They don't pay tax.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
perhaps the IRS believes a significant portion of the donations are actually unrelated business income (i.e., business income unrelated to the purported exempt purpose). This income is taxable.

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
Should also be punished for having Craig James as an Alum
HVGHNTYSIWKQWTXRBLXRDDZFBA.jpg

scaled_php.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds