Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

SIAP: prayers for coach chin (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Just from the brief article, wouldn't shock me if he had some kind of cardiac event before the crash. Not stopping in broad daylight hitting something stationary has taken a lot of people around his age
That's what I heard. Apparently was giving blood, driving back and had a heart attack.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Prayers for the family and all around. Accidents and shootings are the only things worse than cancer deaths to me...at least there normally is time with cancer to process it.

I feel like I narrowly averted a bad car accident a few nights ago, and it kind of haunts me. I was driving north on a two-lane paved road in eastern SD where they had resurfaced the road, but not yet repainted the lines due to "paint shortages," which just seems weird. Paint shortage? Why not, there's a shortage of everything now.

Anyhow, there was a 3/4 ton pickup with all of the lighting accessories that I could think of pulled over on the northbound shoulder, but this truck was facing south. I was completely blinded by all of the lights on the truck and slowed to about 20 mph before I realized it wasn't an oncoming vehicle, but rather one parked on the wrong side of the road with all of its lights on. Then I saw a dude looking for something in the road ditch.

If you're driving rural roads and highways, please don't do shit like that guy did that made me think I needed to drive to the right of him. Had I driven to the right of him without slowing to a crawl, I could have killed me, him, or both of us.

Also, if you have spotlights, foglights, other accessory lights, and your high beams on, your freaking hazard lights don't help anyone coming toward you from your front.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I escaped potential disaster about 15 years ago. Worked out. Went on a 15 mile bike ride. Going through town on my way home. Maybe 4 blocks from my house. Kid wasn’t paying attention in his truck and broadsided my ass. Luckily. I went over the truck. Man that hurt.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I escaped potential disaster about 15 years ago. Worked out. Went on a 15 mile bike ride. Going through town on my way home. Maybe 4 blocks from my house. Kid wasn’t paying attention in his truck and broadsided my ass. Luckily. I went over the truck. Man that hurt.
We hit black ice headed west back in 2010-2011 on I80 in western Cockeye and went across the east bound lanes before coming to a graceful stop in the ditch. Lots of alternatives where I'm not the shining light that keeps this board afloat

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds