Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Show Cause? Jeremy Pruitt already coaching again (lol) (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Jeremy Pruitt has landed a new job​

The former Vols head coach will be back coaching again soon.
Former Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt has landed a new opportunity.
Just eleven days ago, an NCAA investigation concluded that found "hundreds of violations" from Pruitt's time as the head coach of the Vols, resulting in a six-year show cause penalty for another NCAA member school to hire Pruitt.
However, that show-cause will not come into play in this new role.
Pruitt has landed a PE teaching job at Plainview HS (AL).

The high school is not only his alma mater, but it's also where his dad currently serves as the head football coach and where he previously served as an assistant and defensive coordinator.
The school confirmed the hire earlier today, noting that he will also coach the middle school basketball team.

Before making the jump to college football at Alabama as director of player development from 2007-09, Pruitt coached at the high school level at Plainview and national powerhouse Hoover HS (AL).

Pruitt's college stops included defensive coordinator roles at Florida State, Georgia and Alabama before taking the Vols job in 2018, where he went 5-19 (after the NCAA vacated all wins from the 2019 and 2020 seasons).
Another accomplished former SEC coaching veteran, former LSU, Texas A&M and Arkansas defensive coordinator John Chavis, spent some time coaching at the middle school level a few years back and shared openly how he really enjoyed the experience.
Stay tuned to The Scoop for the latest.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Love it. Pruitt taking thousands out of an ATM and paying players himself is an all time dumb dumb move.

The staff I'm on, we run a 7-12 program. Meaning all players 7-12 have the same position coaches. And then two of us do middle school games, 3 do JV and we all do varsity games.

Last year, I took the middle school team because I have 3 sons that are currently or about to be going through the middle school program.

I hadn't coached middle school since my first year out of college (2005). I loved it last year. So much fun. It probably helps that I know the kids and parents really well, but man it's rewarding watching kids learn football at that age.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds