Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Should the Big Ten Change the rules for OSU? (1 Viewer)

Should BIG ten AD’s allow OSU into the Championship game?

• Yes, need a Big ten team in the playoff

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No, not fair

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Kevin Warren can eat shit and die

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • As long as they agree to allow Neb. another game

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
If Michigan backs out of their game with Ohio State should the conference AD’s vote to change the rules to get OSU into the conference championship game, giving them a shot at the CFP?

HuskerIsNumberOne

Bench Warmer
I hope not and those athletic directors that would vote to change the rules for OSU should resign from their job. The rules are set and they should stick with it. Changing the rules to favor OSU is a joke. They would never do it to Nebraska if we were in OSU's position.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
You don't stop ohio state from a playoff spot unless it's an L to the big red next week
This^ it doesn’t matter whether they play Cockeye, NW, or WI.. if OSU wins, they’ll be in with a 6-0 record.
the B1G looks stupid regardless, though. Their lack of foresight is making them look bad, and if they change it would make them look bad.
I would vote for them to do whatever gets them the worst publicity, though. They’ve earned any and all criticism this year

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This^ it doesn’t matter whether they play Cockeyes, NW, or WI.. if OSU wins, they’ll be in with a 6-0 record.
the B1G looks stupid regardless, though. Their lack of foresight is making them look bad, and if they change it would make them look bad.
I would vote for them to do whatever gets them the worst publicity, though. They’ve earned any and all criticism this year
I'd rather not cut off our nose to spite our face, but to each their own

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure how that would happen given anything in my post.. I think OSU gets in regardless, and I am not advocating NU make it difficult for them.. I solely want the B1G to get their due criticism for being incredibly short-sighted and creating this scenario. If it comes down to OSU and NU both having an opponent this week, I think they should play, but that really wouldn’t help OSU. The committee isnt leaving them out without an L, conference champions or not
I just don't know how the big ten getting any more humiliated for opting to play a compressed schedule while Covid was likely going to get worse helps Nebraska in any way. Seems best for everyone to just put this ugly episode behind us and work on making this as profitable of a join endeavor as possible

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I'd rather not cut off our nose to spite our face, but to each their own
Yea, I misread your post-since the above scenario isn’t happening, I don’t think it matters. The committee isn’t leaving out OSU unless they lose. Regardless of them winning a conference championship

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I just don't know how the big ten getting any more humiliated for opting to play a compressed schedule while Covid was likely going to get worse helps Nebraska in any way. Seems best for everyone to just put this ugly episode behind us and work on making this as profitable of a join endeavor as possible
I am not relating it to whether or not it helps/hurts the Huskers. I don’t care about that. We have way too many issues in-house to care about exterior stuff IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds