Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Saturday 01/30/21 Drinking Thread (1 Viewer)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
refreshing coors light GIF by Coors Light Latin America
Im going werewolf hunting tonight
angry cabin in the woods GIF

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
@Johannes de Silentio my wife picked this up for me as a “You’re leaving your shitty company and starting a higher paying job on Monday” gift. She’s the best and I’m really looking forward to this. I’ll report after a dram.

View attachment 1753
Excited to hear. The DEs are all "double matured." What's the cask finish on this one? It'll be some sort of sherry or other fortified wine.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Started w/Cut Spike vodka, 5-hour and electrolyte concoction. Now drinking Breckenridge vanilla porters. Will probably dip into come Coors Light and Evan Williams later.

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
Started this afternoon at Friends and Allies drinking their Fn Hazy. Good stuff. Probably stick with hazy ipa tonight. Cheers!

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excited to hear. The DEs are all "double matured." What's the cask finish on this one? It'll be some sort of sherry or other fortified wine.
Cask finish is Montilla Fino and the sherry notes are present and that’s a good thing.

Nose is somewhat understated but lovely. Taste is very complex yet smooth (my wife isn’t a huge scotch fan but she loves it). The dried fruit/honey/caramel notes shine before the brine and peat roll into the finish. Overall a very well balanced scotch as the peat doesn’t overpower.

9/10 for me. At a bill and a half it wasn’t cheap but that won’t stop me in the future from restocking once this bottle is empty. The only downside for me was that it’s only 43% abv, was hoping for 47-50% but if it makes this scotch a better sipper I’ll easily take it.

Last edited:

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
I love the smash. Local pizza joint sells a 4 pack for around 30 dollars to go. What did you think?
Uhh. I mean. Auburn had em for 9.99 and thought it was a good deal. Not saying your deal isn’t a good deal, but might be worth it to buy your Alaska beer in Nebraska.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Uhh. I mean. Auburn had em for 9.99 and thought it was a good deal. Not saying your deal isn’t a good deal, but might be worth it to buy your Alaska beer in Nebraska.
It's not the first time someone has had that thought. You can get Anchorage Brewing bottles at Jakes in Lincoln. What kills me is I have to a pay a 20 percent sales tax and pay for shipping from Anchorage.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds