Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sammy G - The Actor (1 Viewer)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
I can only assume what Rezball will be about.

When I went to Chadron State I had friends who would play in the 9 ft tournament in Gordon, Ne. There was always a team there from The Pine Ridge. They were good and tough motherfuckers too. Some of those guys could really play.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I can only assume what Rezball will be about.

When I went to Chadron State I had friends who would play in the 9 ft tournament in Gordon, Ne. There was always a team there from The Pine Ridge. They were good and tough motherfuckers too. Some of those guys could really play.
Hmm. My first thought was a doc on Winnebago basketball. They have famously referred to themselves as Rez Ball during their run over the last decade or so.

nja13

Elite Member
Also, SIAP and slightly changing topics, anyone catch during his Chamber of Commerce speech that Rhule said someone approached him about following the team this year for a "Netflix style documentary"? Don't know if it was actually Netflix or someone like BTN, but thought it was interesting. He turned them down, though.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I would always hoop at the UNL rec when I attended and there were some hoopers from Bago. The dudes could really hoop.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Hmm. My first thought was a doc on Winnebago basketball. They have famously referred to themselves as Rez Ball during their run over the last decade or so.
I’m pretty sure there is a documentary out there within the last 5 years on Rez Ball. I can’t remember the platform though

nja13

Elite Member
I’m pretty sure there is a documentary out there within the last 5 years on Rez Ball. I can’t remember the platform though
Found it on IMDB. Looks like a Netflix film. (Edit: looks like this is a new production. Not the doc you are thinking of)

MV5BNDczNzkyZjgtODE2YS00NTVmLWEwZmUtZGMzZDFlNTBkYWEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI1NDU3MjE4._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Not Nebraska related though...

Follows the Chuska Warriors, a Native American high school basketball team from Chuska, New Mexico that must band together after losing their star player, if they want to keep their quest for a state championship alive. It's an all-American underdog story about Navajo kids and coaches, told from the inside-out.

Found this as well. I wonder if Sammy G is playing an opponent of the Rez Ball team or something.

rez-ball-casting-call_t670.jpg

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rez Ball players are legit. Even the old guys. Played town team against some from Santee. They were all way overweight and played really dirty, but man they could ball.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Pretty sweet! Does anyone know if he's pursuing acting, or was this something that came up by chance because they were looking for bball players?

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Found it on IMDB. Looks like a Netflix film. (Edit: looks like this is a new production. Not the doc you are thinking of)

MV5BNDczNzkyZjgtODE2YS00NTVmLWEwZmUtZGMzZDFlNTBkYWEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI1NDU3MjE4._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Follows the Chuska Warriors, a Native American high school basketball team from Chuska, New Mexico that must band together after losing their star player, if they want to keep their quest for a state championship alive. It's an all-American underdog story about Navajo kids and coaches, told from the inside-out.

Found this as well. I wonder if Sammy G is playing an opponent of the Rez Ball team or something.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

This is the one I was thinking of from 2019

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Pretty sweet! Does anyone know if he's pursuing acting, or was this something that came up by chance because they were looking for bball players?
If I had to guess he’s just playing on a team against the Rez boys. Could be completely wrong though

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rez ball is usually attributed to a run and gun style that's popular on reservations across the United States. In Alaska they refer to it as village ball. I essentially coached Rez Ball for 11 years when I taught in the bush. We rarely had players taller than 6' so we ran a variety of presses and man defense. On offensive it was typically fast paced 5 out simplified motion offense. We attacked the hoop in order to open up the perimeter and in our best years we averaged anywhere from 10-15 3's a game.

We averaged around 70-75 points a game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds