Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Roundtable With Turd, TO & Rhule (1 Viewer)

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Nice to see TO publicly onboard with the Rhule transition
This has not been the case with the 2 prior outsider coaching hires
I think he was genuine in saying “I really like what Matt has been doing & would do nothing differently”
Hopefully Rhule can get us back on track before TO croaks. It would be hard to see the empire you built left in ruins bc of pride & buffoonery after you left
Agree. He certainly has shied away from offering support to other outsiders. Turd continuing to bridge the gap and unite the base. Next thing you know Frank Solich will be honored at a half time.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
There were two I caught, can remember one at the moment. Paraphrasing, but Frost always said to start fast. Rhule said they don’t wanna do that, they wanna end strong and punish our opponent in the end. Ironic enough TO kinda took a shot at the Frost offense too saying you need the best players possible if you’re gonna run the same stuff as everyone else.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Evil Demented TO strikes again!!! :mad: :shocked:

(jk of course this looks awesome! can't wait to check it out)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
There were two I caught, can remember one at the moment. Paraphrasing, but Frost always said to start fast. Rhule said they don’t wanna do that, they wanna end strong and punish our opponent in the end. Ironic enough TO kinda took a shot at the Frost offense too saying you need the best players possible if you’re gonna run the same stuff as everyone else.
The Big Ten is going to adjust to us... and they normally did in the second quarter.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
I have family members who know TO's children & grandkids. They have been worried about TO's mental slip for quite a few years. He definitely looks his age but seemed quite with it mentally today. Doesn't mean he hasn't had some bad days.

I talked to Tom on the phone for a couple minutes this January. He's slowed down, but didn't seem bad. Was able to speak to my Dad for a bit who was in the hospital recovering, and Tom seemed more sharp than my Dad did.

Think the internet rumors this past fall were overblown. He's an old man.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Turd is clearly killing it as AD, but it's funny to see him with a kind of "aw shucks I'm just a quiet midwestern nice guy" persona nowadays haha. Back in the 00s him and Mark May were like the original argumentative talking heads who are all over ESPN now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds