Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rafael Nadal Loses in First Round at Last French Open (3 Viewers)

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

112-4 all time at Roland Garros. Just absurd dominance. Maybe my favorite player ever to watch when healthy given his tenacity and style of play. Truly an all time great, hope his body holds up and we get to see him play Wimbledon and the US Open

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
The golden era of tennis that has drawn to a close over the last 3-5 or so years with Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic is probably unparalleled in the history of sport.
It was truly one of the craziest runs ever in any sport. The sheer dominance of Rafa, Roger, and Novak was absolutely unmatched. I’m excited for a lot of the young guys coming up now like Alcaraz and Sinner but will always miss the classic battles those three gave us

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
The golden era of tennis that has drawn to a close over the last 3-5 or so years with Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic is probably unparalleled in the history of sport.

It was truly one of the craziest runs ever in any sport. The sheer dominance of Rafa, Roger, and Novak was absolutely unmatched. I’m excited for a lot of the young guys coming up now like Alcaraz and Sinner but will always miss the classic battles those three gave us
Djokovic gonna be world #1 for like 15 more years still.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
My favorite tennis player. Watched him growing up, just an amazing athlete.

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
Largest sports bet I’ve ever made was on Nadal and I know nothing about tennis. Guy at the bar told me he was around lifetime 45-1 at the French open and was only +140. Drained my account. It went to OT as I was following along at work on gamecast but he won. This was 2013 vs Djokovic.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

Carlos has a chance to be the 🐐 if he keeps this up

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
This is somewhat promising for the future of American men in tennis.. Kaylan Bigun at 18 years old wins the Roland Garros Boy’s Singles title. Winning on the red clay for an American at any level is extremely difficult, good for him- he is set to enroll and play for UCLA next year:

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Iga is the women’s Nadal at the French Open:

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
yep those European toot sniffers weere good for tennis
Tomorrow’s Alcaraz v Zverev match in the men’s final should be awesome. Carlos is playing at a totally different level right now, smashing his forehand and full back from the forearm injury.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
People actually care about tennis???

Bunch of libs in here...boards going to shit....
Yeah, it’s pretty cool to watch (especially the majors) and probably the best sport to bet on.

Btw- very much not a lib.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
People actually care about tennis???

Bunch of libs in here...boards going to shit....
I’m more of a Pickleball man these days, but tennis is a great sport to play as you can do it for decades.

Ain’t that many George Blanda types walking around on the gridiron or any other contact sport, but people can and do play tennis well into their “senior years”.

Last edited:

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I’m more of a Pickleball man these days, but tennis is a great sport to play as you can do it for decades.

Ain’t that many George Blanda types walking around on the gridiron or any other contact sport, but people can and do play tennis well into their “senior years”.
My dad is 63 and still plays pick-up basketball every weekend with me. Still a lights out shooter. Definitely lost a step or two, but still gets up pretty damn well.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
That’s awesome, man. Truly!
It really is! Not that my dad and I weren't close growing up, but it has been awesome having the time that we have playing ball together every week. Definitely something that I don't take for granted and something I treasure!

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Alcaraz breaks Zverev to open the Men’s Final…. Only for Zverev to immediately break back and tie it up at 1 game a piece

Last ever French Open Final on NBC. Hope we get a good one

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds