Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Purdoodoo Prediction Thread

You are delusional if you are really trying to look at this years team in a vacuum. These issues go back almost a decade now. We’ve played 3 really bad teams and 1 average team. Go back to last year and look at our numbers against Big Ten competition, it’s abysmal.

I take it based on your comments you have us going 6-1 into Ohio State? There is a much higher chance we are 3-4 than 6-1. We are losing program until we prove otherwise. How’s Dylan do down the stretch against Illinois? He made the same losing plays Nebraska players always make. It’s rinse and repeat.
Oh this is cute. Going back ten years to make your point? Should I go back 25 to tell you this team is a winning team then? This isn't hardly the same team as last year, let alone 2,3,4, so on and so on years ago.

There is absolutely nothing that supports your statement that "There is a much higher chance we are 3-4 than 6-1." You keep repeating this baseless line of us being a losing program, yet we are still 3-1. And you were very quiet during those first 3.

As for Dylan, this may be the dumbest argument point youve tried to make yet. Tell me your losing plays for him. I'll give you one and that's his backward scramble in OT. A freshman phenom trying to do too much. Let's predict what else you'll say: the interception (no one on God's green earth is truly blaming that on him) and his missed pass to Lindenmeyer (he barely led the 4th string TE that was wide open). To say we are a losing program and Dylan has anything to do with it as a freshman while in the same post saying it goes back a decade is the dumbest shit I've heard on this board, and that includes people that wanted Prime and Fickle as HC.

Oh this is cute. Going back ten years to make your point? Should I go back 25 to tell you this team is a winning team then? This isn't hardly the same team as last year, let alone 2,3,4, so on and so on years ago.

There is absolutely nothing that supports your statement that "There is a much higher chance we are 3-4 than 6-1." You keep repeating this baseless line of us being a losing program, yet we are still 3-1. And you were very quiet during those first 3.

As for Dylan, this may be the dumbest argument point youve tried to make yet. Tell me your losing plays for him. I'll give you one and that's his backward scramble in OT. A freshman phenom trying to do too much. Let's predict what else you'll say: the interception (no one on God's green earth is truly blaming that on him) and his missed pass to Lindenmeyer (he barely led the 4th string TE that was wide open). To say we are a losing program and Dylan has anything to do with it as a freshman while in the same post saying it goes back a decade is the dumbest shit I've heard on this board, and that includes people that wanted Prime and Fickle as HC.
I don’t need to go back 10 years, just go back to last year and this year. You do realize we’ve played the easiest portion of our schedule correct? You seem to think that our non-con games carry the same weight as actual Big Ten games.

All my points above support my statement that we are more likely to be 3-4 than 6-1.

Dylan is an amazing player but he still made losing plays down the stretch. He air mailed a wide open TD. He fumbled the ball twice on one series and was extremely fortunate that we recovered both. He imploded during OT.

I don’t need to go back 10 years, just go back to last year and this year. You do realize we’ve played the easiest portion of our schedule correct? You seem to think that our non-con games carry the same weight as actual Big Ten games.

All my points above support my statement that we are more likely to be 3-4 than 6-1.

Dylan is an amazing player but he still made losing plays down the stretch. He air mailed a wide open TD. He fumbled the ball twice on one series and was extremely fortunate that we recovered both. He imploded during OT.
So is it 10 years or this year that make us a losing program? You need to make up your mind. And Colorado would be favored over Purdoodoo, so that argument is pretty invalid. Everywhere that has rankings that deep has Colorado 25-30 spots higher than Purdoodoo (42 spots in FPI). So yeah, this game is part of the easy games.

You didn't make any points that indicated it. You gave slanted opinions.

So you said exactly what I said you would about Dylan, got it. And conveniently ignored his excellent plays that have gotten us to this point in this season. The freshman goes for nearly 300 yards, 3 scores and hits on nearly 69% of his passes (his lowest of the season) and suddenly he's a loser. We can ignore he's top 30 in nearly every major statistical category (top 15 in completion percentage) and has turned the ball over only on two contested interceptions. That'll fit your narrative better.

I rarely make score predictions. I have to see the other team play to do that, and I haven't seen Purrdoodoo play. Yes, we do seem to have some of the same issues as losing teams of the past... err, decade.

I think we win. But last week I made my prediction (27 - 13 Skers) for the first time in a long time. Gonna stop with the score predictions, and just hope for a win. No team plays a perfect game, but we do need to start to shore up some areas of concern. Purrdoodoo should be a good game to do some of that.

So is it 10 years or this year that make us a losing program? You need to make up your mind. And Colorado would be favored over Purdoodoo, so that argument is pretty invalid. Everywhere that has rankings that deep has Colorado 25-30 spots higher than Purdoodoo (42 spots in FPI). So yeah, this game is part of the easy games.

You didn't make any points that indicated it. You gave slanted opinions.

So you said exactly what I said you would about Dylan, got it. And conveniently ignored his excellent plays that have gotten us to this point in this season. The freshman goes for nearly 300 yards, 3 scores and hits on nearly 69% of his passes (his lowest of the season) and suddenly he's a loser. We can ignore he's top 30 in nearly every major statistical category (top 15 in completion percentage) and has turned the ball over only on two contested interceptions. That'll fit your narrative better.

Hot Dogs Troll GIF

You're so predictable.

1. ST doesn't suck. The kicking game sucks. Big difference.
2. Lol wtf. As a team we are averaging 4.1 ypc and our top 2 backs are averaging 5 and 9.5 ypc, respectively. I don't care if we hand them the ball, toss it, mail it, or do the fumblerooski every play. Those are good numbers.
3. The defense had one rough half and suddenly they suck? Convenient for you.
4. This I'll agree on, although there's been a large number of questionable calls, particularly the CO game.
5. Based off the single one score game we've had to date? You can't play this game of "well last year and when Frost was here, too" when you're now working with arguably the top QB the Huskers have trotted out in over a decade.
6. A losing program that's 3-1? Interesting conclusion. Somehow Purdoodoo is going to have a miraculous recovery against this "losing program" when their only win (and the losses haven't even been close) is against an FCS program coming off a 1-10 season.

It'll be nice when you crawl back in your hole Saturday evening to only return after the OSU game trying to tout how terrible we suddenly are again.
We have the worst ST in the big ten

No prediction but I just hope we can win the 2nd half. If we do that then I think we win comfortably but seems like we're struggling in the 2nd half for some reason. Rhule needs to get that changed.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back