Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Press Conference

AgntX

Defensive Lineman
Anyone watch it? they said alot that they didn't execute or had emotion this week at practice! Doesn't any coach or coaches chew anyones ass anymore or are these guys so weak feeling to take an ass chewing anymore?

Head coach’s voice is cracking, on the verge of tears talking to reporters

Captains and team leaders are blaming the loss on their emotions or lack thereof during practice this week

Several players and high-profile recruits are subtweeting the staff during the game

What an absolute train wreck. An outside observer would be shocked to learn this is a P5 college football team and not a middle school volleyball squad.

Frost needs to take the blame. He won't, he's proven that over and over again, but he needs to. It sends a direct message to your team when you say they need to execute better, or they need to be ready to play, etc etc. The message is 'I'm blaming you for this.' That isn't a team message. It's a 'me verses you' message and creates a divide. And wouldn't you know it, players out here tweeting stuff questioning the process.

The kids aren't professionals yet. The professionals needs to be accountable for the issues and not blame a group of 18 to 22 year old kids. I listened to Frost's comment's briefly and shut it off when he started playing the blame game again....

I don't know if demeanor matters, we've had all kinds of coaches say those exact words after ridiculous losses over and over and over in the past 17 years.

Frost needs to take the blame. He won't, he's proven that over and over again, but he needs to. It sends a direct message to your team when you say they need to execute better, or they need to be ready to play, etc etc. The message is 'I'm blaming you for this.' That isn't a team message. It's a 'me verses you' message and creates a divide. And wouldn't you know it, players out here tweeting stuff questioning the process.

The kids aren't professionals yet. The professionals needs to be accountable for the issues and not blame a group of 18 to 22 year old kids. I listened to Frost's comment's briefly and shut it off when he started playing the blame game again....
Have you listened to press conferences? He takes the blame every time another loss happens

Have you listened to press conferences? He takes the blame every time another loss happens
It’s pretty half-assed thumb pointing IYAM

The post game presser was dogshit. Just recycled coach speak and Frost reminiscing on how badly he’d like to play in a game again.

No one wants to hear that shit, especially the players he fucking recruited.

Anyone watch it? they said alot that they didn't execute or had emotion this week at practice! Doesn't any coach or coaches chew anyones ass anymore or are these guys so weak feeling to take an ass chewing anymore?

Scott, thanks for taking my question...this game was bad, really bad...we see undisciplined football across the board, how are you and your staff going to change it and win football games?

Why are journalists so scared of him?
In the early stages I can understand some of it. Now, when even uneducated football people can see that we are inconsistent and bad in so many ways...you have to ask those questions. If you have any journalistic integrity, you have to.

It also baffles my mind that our journalists are not experienced enough to be able to fashion tough questions in ways that aren't blatantly offensive, yet get to the root of it.

The only thing I can come up with is, they don't want to be shut out. Ask tough meaningful questions and they feel they will be shut out by the program. The way I see that though is not that Scott or staff can't take the questions...to me it says everything about the lack of respect our staff has of the local media. If you are an experienced professional, handle yourself with integrity, and are fair...you should at some point earn the respect and trust of coaches to ask the tough questions. How many of those do we have?

It seems as though most media members are super lazy and just want shock value...or they throw softballs. The artform and respect seems dead.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
The only thing I can come up with is, they don't want to be shut out. Ask tough meaningful questions and they feel they will be shut out by the program. The way I see that though is not that Scott or staff can't take the questions...to me it says everything about the lack of respect our staff has of the local media.
This is it. When ScoFro was hired he was given the keys to the car. He’s in charge and if he doesn’t want to do something he doesn’t have to. It’s really that simple.

He will shut them out if they press the envelope.

Its a bit comical to me. Frost doesn’t have to be accountable if he doesn’t want to, but dang it, you sure have to be accountable to him.

Yup...and while I get the fear...ask the questions anyhow and be respected at the very least. Maybe you get shut out for awhile, but at least you were the one with the journalistic integrity to ask the question. I'm not saying be disrespectful to Scott or the coaches...but ask the questions that matter.
It can't be that hard to come up with the questions.

This is it. When ScoFro was hired he was given the keys to the car. He’s in charge and if he doesn’t want to do something he doesn’t have to. It’s really that simple.

He will shut them out if they press the envelope.

Its a bit comical to me. Frost doesn’t have to be accountable if he doesn’t want to, but dang it, you sure have to be accountable to him.
That a-word sure is something, ain't it?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back