Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Pre-recruiting weekend Scholarship Distribution Chart (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I added the transfers OT Walter Rouse and WR Billy Kemp. This puts our number at 95. Sounds like we are bringing a '23 WR/TE in for a visit (EDIT: next weekend) as well as a TE transfer (rumored this weekend). I have not removed OL Lynn since I've seen nothing official but rumors are that he is no longer on the roster.Screenshot_20230113-103622~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
So, how do we get to 85 by the fall? I can see up to 17-18 names on this list transferring out. Plus we will most certainly have at least one '23 recruit not make it to campus because that happens pretty often.

We will probably see 2 QBs leave, maybe 3.
- Purdy, Haarberg, Smothers

Some guys just seem to be on the roster but not on the team.
- DB Tyreke Johnson, OL Michael Lynn, TE James Carnie

Some guys have been recruited over repeatedly.
- DB Pola Gate, DB Lynum, DB Clark

These linebackers were jumped by a true freshman last year.
- LB Kpai, LB Malcom, LB Gbayor

These guys seem to be perpetually injured.
- LB Snodgrass, TE Hickman, RB Irvin

Some guys don't have a position.
- WR?DB? Tommi Hill, TE?OL? Androff, TE?DL? Tagaloa

I didn't even mention many from the WR room....I'm betting 1-2 leave from there. Literally anyone from that room could bounce.

Last edited:

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I added the transfers OT Walter Rouse and WR Billy Kemp. This puts our number at 95. Sounds like we are bringing a '23 WR/TE in for a visit (EDIT: next weekend) as well as a TE transfer (rumored this weekend). I have not removed OL Lynn since I've seen nothing official but rumors are that he is no longer on the roster.
Michael Lynn is not listed on the Huskers.com roster.

GAHusker

Cornerback
So, how do we get to 85 by the fall? I can see up to 17-18 names on this list transferring out. Plus we will most certainly have at least one '23 recruit not make it to campus because that happens pretty often.

We will probably see 2 QBs leave, maybe 3.
- Purdy, Haarberg, Smothers

Some guys just seem to be on the roster but not on the team.
- DB Tyreke Johnson, OL Michael Lynn, TE James Carnie

Some guys have been recruited over repeatedly.
- DB Pola Gate, DB Lynum, DB Clark

These linebackers were jumped by a true freshman last year.
- LB Kpai, LB Malcom, LB Gbayor

These guys seem to be perpetually injured.
- LB Snodgrass, TE Hickman, RB Irvin

Some guys don't have a position.
- WR?DB? Tommi Hill, TE?OL? Androff, TE?DL? Tagaloa

I didn't even mention many from the WR room....I'm betting 1-2 leave from there. Literally anyone from that room could bounce.
Did I completely miss the James Carnie news?

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
Carnie is still in, pretty sure Lynn transferred. However, probably going to be a lot of processing between now and May.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Rhule always talks measureables about when recruiting a player. I don’t see him processing Carnie for that reason. Could see other TEs asked to leave before him.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I could definitely see Hickman. Maybe Androff too, but I thought reports were that he was much more ready for this level than a guy like Carnie. Maybe one of the insidehers can confirm or deny that.
Could be true. I’m not an insiderher, just going off what Rhule talks about when recruiting players. I remember one of the reasons Carnie even got a scholarship was because he ran his electronic 4.6 or 4.5 40 at 6’5 220.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I could definitely see Hickman. Maybe Androff too, but I thought reports were that he was much more ready for this level than a guy like Carnie. Maybe one of the insidehers can confirm or deny that.
I could see Androff getting moved to OT. My recollection is that he barely caught the ball in high school

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I could see Androff getting moved to OT. My recollection is that he barely caught the ball in high school

His HS barely ever threw the ball, IIRC. I thought he was a reach for a scholly at first but I guess we'll see.
Yeah. IIRC, he was brought in to be a blocking tight, and the possibility of growing into a OT was mentioned when he was signed.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
There’s also the possibility that kids in the most recent class don’t make it to/through summer. Or maybe that was only a problem with frost.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
There’s also the possibility that kids in the most recent class don’t make it to/through summer. Or maybe that was only a problem with frost.
I think the returning players are in for a shock. No more just playing Tag & Thud at practice. Rhule is known for very physical practices. It wouldn't surprise me to see quite a few of the not so dedicated players transfer out. If you aren't tough and 100% All-In for football you don't want to play for him. I like they are bringing in the Georgia transfers and Fleek, his former Baylor player, as they are use to a very physical and demanding practices.

When Rhule was at Temple that he actually put on the pads practicing with the linemen one day. He said he was really sore for quite a few days and it probably wasn't the smartest thing he has ever done but it brought him closer with the players plus earned their respect for his toughness. He took on all comers even in physical drills like Bull in the Ring.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I added the transfers OT Walter Rouse and WR Billy Kemp. This puts our number at 95. Sounds like we are bringing a '23 WR/TE in for a visit (EDIT: next weekend) as well as a TE transfer (rumored this weekend). I have not removed OL Lynn since I've seen nothing official but rumors are that he is no longer on the roster.
Steve Marik from Inside Nebraska (Rivals) has an article that says the big kid from South Dakota is going to start on the DL instead of the OL.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds