Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Other than his bladder issues... (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Name a reason PJ Fleck shouldn't be the next Nebraska HC.

Positives
1. Runs the gawl durn ball behind a monster OL
2. Not afraid to make staff changes when warranted
3. Has a mission that he can sell to croots
4. Pisses Jim the fuck off
5. Familiar with the Big Ten West

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's fake.

He's a piece of shit.

He's a douche canoe.

That said, I think he's a good football coach, but I can't stand him. If you're going to hire a piece of shit. Get Urbz
Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
No fucking thanks to rowing the douche canoe guy.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Throw the kitchen sink at Luke #2ndChoice or Matt Campbell if he has another good year at ISU. Anything but Fleck

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
He got a nose job. Says so much about who he is

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Definitely one of those guys that you only like if he's on your side. And even then if he ever leaves your side you're ok that he's gone.

If Nebraska has to move on from Scott Frost...which at this point that's likely....then they could do worse than PJ Fleck. That being said if I'm Nebraska I target the best coaches in the Big 12 (not named Texas or OU), Pac 12 (not named USC/UCLA) and the ACC (not named Clemson, Miami and Florida St).
So that would mean I would take a long look at
  • Mike Gundy
  • Dave Aranda
  • Dave Clawson
  • Pat Narduzzi (barf)
  • Dave Doeren
  • Chris Klieman
  • Kyle Whittingham
  • Matt Campbell
  • Luke #2ndChoice
If I had my choice of those candidates it'd be Gundy, Aranda, Whittingham or Klieman. I suppose a guy like Malzahn or Holgorsen (who's likely going to have the top group of 5 team this year) could be on that list as well. But if it's a group of 5 coach not named Luke #2ndChoice...Jim McElwain has done an awfully good job at every stop he's had outside of Florida. And even then he went to two SEC championship games.

Brian Harsin will also be available soon. I think he's a good coach but an awful awful fit at Auburn. Dan Mullen is also a good coach.

The problem with those SEC leftovers is that they were at schools who's expectations were to be competing with Georgia/Alabama recruiting within like 2-4 years. Unfortunately outside of Ohio St, nobody can touch those programs on the recruiting trail right now so that's a longer game than 2-4 years. Not sure if Nebraska admin/fans can show patience either, although you'd think becoming more competitive in the Big 10 West would be much easier. And they have stuck to giving Frost the right amount of time to fix the mess that was left with Riley and the end of Pelini's tenure (4-6 year window) so maybe they can show the patience.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I wish Frost had 10% of the guy's enthusiasm. Frost carries himself with about as much positive energy as a DMV attendant.
This is something I'll never understand, and will always be perplexed about if things don't turn around. Where the hell is this guy?? I thought we were getting him!

20-ucf-coach-scott-frost-locker-room.jpg

os-sp-ucf-news-1031

scott-frost-5.jpg

usa_today_9679357.jpg

I realize it's easier to have a positive vibe when you're winning, but come on. At UCF he was this youthful "players coach" who put together an electric program with an attitude and vision of being fun and modern. But pretty much ever since he got here the guy has acted like he's begrudgingly doing us all a favor, while putting on some kind of "Stoic Western Nebraskan" personality. It's a bummer. I wanna have fun :(

Last edited:

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is something I'll never understand, and will always be perplexed about if things don't turn around. Where the hell is this guy?? I thought we were getting him!

os-sp-ucf-news-1031

scott-frost-5.jpg

usa_today_9679357.jpg

I realize it's easier to have a positive vibe when you're winning, but come on. At UCF he was this youthful "players coach" who put together an electric program with an attitude and vision of being fun and modern. But pretty much ever since he got here the guy has acted like he's begrudgingly doing us all a favor, while putting on some kind of "Stoic Western Nebraskan" personality. It's a bummer. I wanna have fun :(

I think he let the pressure of not only coaching at Nebraska, but that being his alma mater where he is regarded very highly as a player and won a National Title get to him. Honestly I think he was/is worried about his legacy here if things don’t work out. The dude is constantly stressed and probably hates his life. He’s aged about 20 years in the five years since those photos were taken. I really think if he had to do it over again he’d stay at UCF or would have taken a different P5 job.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think he let the pressure of not only coaching at Nebraska, but that being his alma mater where he is regarded very highly as a player and won a National Title get to him. Honestly I think he was/is worried about his legacy here if things don’t work out. The dude is constantly stressed and probably hates his life. He’s aged about 20 years in the five years since those photos were taken. I really think if he had to do it over again he’d stay at UCF or would have taken a different P5 job.
Absolutely agree. Again, it's a bummer. I have no desire to dance on his grave if things keep going bad. It would seriously be such a fucking blast to have him snap out of it and be the guy to bring us back to prominence. He's a strange guy though, it's like he's in a fog and he'll have to figure that out ASAP or have his worst nightmare come true.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

os-sp-ucf-news-1031

scott-frost-5.jpg

usa_today_9679357.jpg

This^^^ His teams at UCF played so fast and loose. The "no fear of failure" mantra was legit with those teams. He comes to his alma mater and it's "complete paralysis and petrification by failure." They play so tight that it leads to more mistakes and the total inability to finish close games because of it. *heavy sigh*

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This^^^ His teams at UCF played so fast and loose. The "no fear of failure" mantra was legit with those teams. He comes to his alma mater and it's "complete paralysis and petrification by failure." They play so tight that it leads to more mistakes and the total inability to finish close games because of it. *heavy sigh*
The Qb and the fact the style of play is much different in the conference UCF is in than the BIG benefited Frost’s offense. Seriously if Frost doesn’t have a qb like Milton his last year at UCF he would have lost multiple games.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds