Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT- Buying a House

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Coming to the best place to get advice.

I’m trying to close on a home but the bank keeps pushing back on when I can close because they are waiting on an appraiser. They claim all the paper work on the loan is good to go but they can’t get an appraiser lined up because they are backed up.

Is this an actual problem going on? My closing date is going to likely be pushed back a month.

Sorry to hear.
For what it’s worth, I’ve never had a closing go as scheduled. Not even once.
Yeah I’m getting the sense that I should’ve expected that from the start.
The house needs updating. I’m wondering if I could get the owners to let me in ahead of time to start some projects.

Yeah I’m getting the sense that I should’ve expected that from the start.
The house needs updating. I’m wondering if I could get the owners to let me in ahead of time to start some projects.

Getting in ahead of time is probably a no go. In fact, I wouldn't do that in case you invest time and money, and something goes south. However, what you could do is contact an appraiser on your own, and describe your dilemma just to see what he/she says about the marketplace for appraisers in your area. My experience is that they're typically busy and expensive.

Coming to the best place to get advice.

I’m trying to close on a home but the bank keeps pushing back on when I can close because they are waiting on an appraiser. They claim all the paper work on the loan is good to go but they can’t get an appraiser lined up because they are backed up.

Is this an actual problem going on? My closing date is going to likely be pushed back a month.
I'm an appraiser, what location are you

Got my house appraised this summer and also have a buddy that does appraisals. They were both buried at the time. Took almost 2 months to get him to come by.

Jimbo is a supporting member so he must have some extra Walmart hobo money to throw around
Thats from my side hustle. Male prostitute.

tenor.gif

I'm a realtor at The Lake of the Ozarks. Our appraisers, inspectors,.......... are all booked out further than we have seen them ever because of the volume of business right now. And many of the underwriters are swamped also. Some of the gov loan programs are moving quite slowly because of the back log caused by the high volume. These low interest rates are really motivating people to buy right now. All you can do is be patient right now

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back