Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 25 crew thread (1 Viewer)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's gonna get pretty awkward for the Uncle Donny HATERS if the line is good this year and he lands another really strong OL class

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
Meh, I'd love to eat crow on uncle D

Mahalo, bitch.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fuck the Donny haters. People who really pay attention to the game understood that he's a good coach. Year 1 was a wash because he had to kill all the shitty old habits that Greg Austin (worst O-line hire Nebraska has made) taught.
You wanna throw hands cowboy?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Mike Schaefer avatar
Mike SchaeferSTAFF
Posted on 117 mins, V I P, User Since 153 months ago, User Post Count: 52834
  • 117 minsVIP
  • 153 months

Omaha Westside linebacker Christian Jones was one of roughly 20 Warriors football players to show up before school on Wednesday to watch as outgoing teammates signed their National Letter of Intent, binding them to their next team.
Jones won't have that chance until Dec. 18, 2024, which is good as there's still a lot left for the linebacker to see and discover, as it relates to his own recruiting journey.
"At times it has set in (that he's next), but I'm not sure that it fully has," Jones said. "Last season I didn't really go anywhere, so I want to take a lot of official visits and just see what everyone has to offer."

The linebacker was an important part of Omaha Westside's last two state title winning teams, transferring over from Omaha Burke, where he spent his freshman season. While Jones will be expected to take a leadership role for the Warriors in their effort to go back-to-back-to-back with the Class A state title, he's also the highest ranked in-state recruit for the 2025 cycle and is squarely in the Top247, coming in as the No. 84 player in the 247Sports rankings or the No. 119 player in the 247Sports Composite rankings.
Jones has no shortage of early suitors with 16 offers and the linebacker said several teams have emerged as being particularly aggressive at this time in letting him know they're quite interested in what the linebacker has to offer.
"I would say Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State, Oklahoma - those would be the schools I've talked to the most right now," he said. "Each school is different. I like hearing what each school has for me. The best thing is I've got to figure out which school is the best team for me, to get me to the next level and get to do the production level I want to be at."
Nebraska and defensive coordinator Tony White see Jones as a future Will linebacker in its system and White in particular has been very involved in the recruitment, as the two have already built a strong relationship.
"He's a really good guy," Jones said. "He's very personable. He talks to you and not down to you. The same level. A really good, down to Earth guy. Sometimes it's not like talking to a coach, but more like it is your best friend's dad or something. Really easy going guy. Easy to talk to."
Despite Nebraska being one of the teams pushing hard and the influx of Westside teammates that have signed in recent years, don't be surprised if Jones takes his time with the recruiting process entirely.
"It's not fully 100 percent planned, but I felt like I'd do it like how Caleb (Benning) did it," Jones said. "I don't want to go into my senior season committed anywhere, so I'll probably be around that time frame."
Before the 2025 National Signing Day, before the late season commitment, Jones knows that he'll be one of the central people tasked with keeping things going for the Westside Warriors and the linebacker welcomes the chance to grow as a person and as a leader. And he welcomes the challenge to prove that there won't be a drop-off, despite a strong outgoing senior class.
"First I'm going to miss these dudes a lot," he said. "They're a great group of dudes and it is bigger than football. They're just people you want on the team. I've got a big role to take. It won't be easy. We'll need other good leaders. We'll need good followers. And we can take it a third time."
2025 Top247 linebacker Christian Jones is ready for the spotlight

2025 Top247 linebacker Christian Jones is ready for the spotlight​

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
"It's not fully 100 percent planned, but I felt like I'd do it like how Caleb (Benning) did it," Jones said

Love this kid already

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds