Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Neuheisel on NU search: "I know for a fact they've reached out to one candidate" (Petersen?)

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Rick with a major and I mean MAJOR revelation here...let me translate....

Nebraska is searching for a coach and has candidates. He knows for a fact that Nebraska had even talked to someone.

I mean wow. That just blew my hair back. Where was he able to come up with that information and insight?

Nebraska is searching for a coach and has candidates. He knows for a fact that Nebraska had even talked to someone.

I mean wow. That just blew my hair back. Where was he able to come up with that information and insight?
Politicians and color commentators: words w/o substance.

I mean, every media member or insider Twitter person does this. Carricker, Sipple, etc.

They only have to be somewhat close to being right with their statements to stay relevant.

Anyone who acts vague with what they know really doesn’t know. And if they don’t shoot their shot on who they’re hearing, then they’re worthless.

Lane Train 2023, baby.

I was totally in the dark before this. I'm in the light now.

Good luck getting a coach to agree to a pay cut without any quantitative metrics to earn their salary back. Rick is an idiot.
Oh BTW... There was a lot of confusion on the twitter replies about what Skippy was talking about RE the contract.

FWIW He's talking about the contract language that Turd put in for Mickey's interim deal that if Mickey is not named head coach he will "return to his previous role (WRs/Associate HC) at previous salary." A lot of national people had hot takes on this but they missed the part where it says "IF the newly hired HC chooses to retain you."

So of course Neuheisel didn't read that part. There was nothing wrong with including that language in the interim contract - I felt it was largely performative loyalty shown to the masses to show that you're providing extra loyalty to Mickey because he's one of your own. It really doesn't "box Turd in in any way." I'm sick of this hot take.

Oh BTW... There was a lot of confusion on the twitter replies about what Skippy was talking about RE the contract.

FWIW He's talking about the contract language that Turd put in for Mickey's interim deal that if Mickey is not named head coach he will "return to his previous role (WRs/Associate HC) at previous salary." A lot of national people had hot takes on this but they missed the part where it says "IF the newly hired HC chooses to retain you."

So of course Neuheisel didn't read that part. There was nothing wrong with including that language in the interim contract - I felt it was largely performative loyalty shown to the masses to show that you're providing extra loyalty to Mickey because he's one of your own. It really doesn't "box Turd in in any way." I'm sick of this hot take.
I assumed it just meant he gets a buyout if he isn't retained by new HC

I assumed it just meant he gets a buyout if he isn't retained by new HC
That is what it means. It's just extra protection for Mickey, which is a nice thing you'd do for your own.

Neuheisel is confused bc the national media interpreted that as Alberts dictating to the future HC that Mickey is mandated to be on the staff. Which is not accurate. But Neuheisel doesn't do any research, he probably just read Dan Wolken's tweets on it and called it a day.

Newhymen can get fucked he only knows what Turd wants him to know which is nothing. He’s a talking head nothing more.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back