Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball face fucking Colorado (1 Viewer)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The 41 (4 out, 1 in) offense works when you have this many guys hitting 3's.

Overall, I think we are a much improved team. Hot shooting won't always be there, so creating going to the hoop or PnR with the big as the pick man in the dunkers spot is how you attack that. Also some back screens and back cuts when the defense is pulled out so far from the hoop.

We have some athletes, but the B1G is a man's league and rebounding and paint defense will be something that will likely cause issues in games.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The 41 (4 out, 1 in) offense works when you have this many guys hitting 3's.

Overall, I think we are a much improved team. Hot shooting won't always be there, so creating going to the hoop or PnR with the big as the pick man in the dunkers spot is how you attack that. Also some back screens and back cuts when the defense is pulled out so far from the hoop.

We have some athletes, but the B1G is a man's league and rebounding and paint defense will be something that will likely cause issues in games.
I think defense and rebounding (particularly defensive rebounding) will improve. Lots of new faces and some chemistry to establish.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lots of talented shooters on this team! Rebounding needs a lot of improvement. They gave a ton of offensive rebounds to CU.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Picked in the upper half of the pac 12 this season. I think similarly situated to us with a talented incoming class of croots

Even though it's an exhibition game, I'd say this was a good measuring stick for HCFH to see what we have for comparison sake. Good win, but WTH do I know?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even though it's an exhibition game, I'd say this was a good measuring stick for HCFH to see what we have for comparison sake. Good win, but WTH do I know?
It is a good measuring stick. Great to get lots of the new guys who don't have high major experience some exposure to that level of play

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was impressed today. We played some salty defense. Great slides and Help D with active hands that causing a ton of steals. Outside shooting is so improved this year. Keisei is going to like a Circus Side Show when he is in because his range is ridiculous. Keisei also plays defense better than expected. Also Alonzo Verge is a Human Highlight Reel. Alonzo broke some ankles today. It moved a little bit when Breidenbach drained those Back to Back 3 Pointers. Lat was our 3 Point gunner last season but I think he is going to see his playing time decrease a little bit because we got some serious shooters.

Scrubs were in at the end of the game and at one point had a 27 point lead. Colorado is a good team that returned quite a bit plus had a highly rated recruiting class. Last season they made it to the 2nd Round of the Big Dance. Boyle is a very good coach.

This is going to be a fun season. If we shoot well from 3 we can beat any team in the B1G.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was impressed today. We played some salty defense. Great slides and Help D with active hands that causing a ton of steals. Outside shooting is so improved this year. Keisei is going to like a Circus Side Show when he is in because his range is ridiculous. Keisei also plays defense better than expected. Also Alonzo Verge is a Human Highlight Reel. Alonzo broke some ankles today. It moved a little bit when Breidenbach drained those Back to Back 3 Pointers. Lat was our 3 Point gunner last season but I think he is going to see his playing time decrease a little bit because we got some serious shooters.

Scrubs were in at the end of the game and at one point had a 27 point lead. Colorado is a good team that returned quite a bit plus had a highly rated recruiting class. Last season they made it to the 2nd Round of the Big Dance. Boyle is a very good coach.

This is going to be a fun season. If we shoot well from 3 we can beat any team in the B1G.
I need to find this game on YouTube. Got a half chub just reading that.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I need to find this game on YouTube. Got a half chub just reading that.
I was kinda in shock watching it. Keisei, Edwards, Breidenbach & Wilcher all got hot from 3. Reminded me of the game last season where Lat nailed a pile of 3's against Rutgers.

Verge's ability to break people down on the dribble and get to the hoop remind me of Cam Mack. Except Alonzo also plays defense plus when driving he keeps his head up to facilitate others. Has a great connection with Walker when he drives, lots of easy lay ups for Walker. I have been amazed at Walker since his first game by his understanding of spacing. He puts himself in a great position on defense and when on offense Walker gets to the spots for easy buckets on dimes from Alonzo.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was kinda in shock watching it. Keisei, Edwards, Breidenbach & Wilcher all got hot from 3. Reminded me of the game last season where Lat nailed a pile of 3's against Rutgers.

Verge's ability to break people down on the dribble and get to the hoop remind me of Cam Mack. Except Alonzo also plays defense plus when driving he keeps his head up to facilitate others. Has a great connection with Walker when he drives, lots of easy lay ups for Walker. I have been amazed at Walker since his first game by his understanding of spacing. He puts himself in a great position on defense and when on offense Walker gets to the spots for easy buckets on dimes from Alonzo.
The number of guys who can shoot makes me pretty confident that they're going to be a tough out this season. The Verge-Walker chemistry is fantastic and having that to go to when shit gets tough can take some pressure off (and also be used to set up open looks for other players). I'm pretty bullish on Andre as a long term prospect. I think he does lots of little things that are hard to teach but just needs more development and experience.

Lakes and Webster both should have transferred. Those guys are in way over their heads.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds