Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska walk-on challenge (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
That's pretty cool.

Not sure if I've posted this here before, but way back in the olden days pre 9-11, the outer stadium gates would often be unlocked. My cousin and I went in there a couple times and played around on the field.

One time, it was shortly before practice, and we were kicking field goals, maybe making some 30-35 yard knuckleballs. The kickers came out first for practice and Kris Brown & whoever else was on the team set up 20 yards behind us and slamming perfect 55 yarders most of the way up the goal posts.

We slunk off out of their way pretty quickly. Got autographs from a few players when they jogged out from the locker room before we left. Grant Wistrom was one of the nicest humans possible to a couple of trespassing dork kids.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
That's pretty cool.

Not sure if I've posted this here before, but way back in the olden days pre 9-11, the outer stadium gates would often be unlocked. My cousin and I went in there a couple times and played around on the field.

One time, it was shortly before practice, and we were kicking field goals, maybe making some 30-35 yard knuckleballs. The kickers came out first for practice and Kris Brown & whoever else was on the team set up 20 yards behind us and slamming perfect 55 yarders most of the way up the goal posts.

We slunk off out of their way pretty quickly. Got autographs from a few players when they jogged out from the locker room before we left. Grant Wistrom was one of the nicest humans possible to a couple of trespassing dork kids.
Back in the mid 80’s you could walk into the stadium and watch spring practice. Used to run stadium stairs. Was running the north end zone stairs one day when who at the top in north end zone did I see with his shirt off soaking up the sun but Bob Devaney himself!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds