Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

My boy

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

I crushed Quiz Bowl.

Our team name was “The Brainy Bunch” and we went undefeated.

Random story but I remember 1 tournament in Hiawatha Kansas the question was “Brussels is the capital of what Country?” and a kid from Seneca KS buzzed in and said “Sprouts” cuz he DGAF they were losing so bad.

Fucking Legend.

cc: my northeast KS crew @Woodrow F Call @slattimer

I crushed Quiz Bowl.

Our team name was “The Brainy Bunch” and we went undefeated.

Random story but I remember 1 tournament in Hiawatha Kansas the question was “Brussels is the capital of what Country?” and a kid from Seneca KS buzzed in and said “Sprouts” cuz he DGAF they were losing so bad.

Fucking Legend.

cc: my northeast KS crew @Woodrow F Call @slattimer
We weren’t great but I enjoyed quiz bowl. Random knowledge is right up my alley.

Also if we are talking dorky high school competitions @Link- and his mock trial team were a juggernaut. Especially for their class size, basically Gonzaga of Nebraska high school mock trial.
Two things I will never forget about our championship year: This bitch from Skutt telling us with the smuggest expression I’d ever heard ‘Congratulations on making it this far’ then we destroy them by 30 points. And that right before they declared us state champions, they told us about the Von Maur shooting and to call our loved ones—we didn’t know if we should celebrate our victory. But good Ol’ coach was crying like a baby from the back pew because he finally had a championship team. Like a high pitched scream cry from a grown ass dude that will forever be my favorite teacher. Fucking wild. We got wrecked at nationals though lol.

If you ever find yourself in a Quiz Bowl faced with the question “Who was the first Sports and Entertainment Marketing individual event State Champion in IA” know that the answer is me. Won it back to back years my junior and senior year. When I won it my junior year I threw up the hand gesture commonly referred to as “The Shocker.” They took a picture at that moment on stage and that was the picture they used to put up on the wall in the DECA room. It was still there 3 years ago.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back